[Suggestion] Faction Specific Vehicle Skins

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AirSuicide, Nov 8, 2017.

1. AirSuicide

Not sure why after years of players demanding this it hasn't been implemented. If its a money thing, put it in the cash shop.. Trust me, well buy them just so we don't have every vehicle looking like every other factions version.

Then do the same for the weapons.

You'd bring players back as well as make money at the same time. Seems like a no brainier. Since a lot of players left because of the "sameness".

SOE refused to fix it. DBG don't make their mistake. Your supposed to be better then them.
    • Up x 1
  2. AirSuicide

3. LegendarySalmonSnake

What exactly do you mean by "ES skins"? Only vehicles that still have no truly ES stuff are the harasser, valkyrie and the sunderer of which the sunderer now has NC only barricade set. So all vehicles will slowly but eventually get them thanks to player studio lads. Or do you mean something next level like replacing the NC sundy rear wheels with 2 sets of tracks or VS flash wheels with maglevs? Because I would be all for that.
  4. AirSuicide

I mean a Total makeover. A Galaxy is still a Galaxy. I want the NC Galaxy to look entirely and uterly different from the Terran one, and the VS one should look Alien.

Example:

A Magrider is faction skinned.
    A Prowler is Faction Skinned
    The NCS Main tank is Faction Skinned

A Sunderer is a sunderer
    A Galaxy is a Galaxy

All Faction Vehicles Need to look like they are that factions vehicle. Not a common core etc with some extra parts strapped to it.
  5. Pelojian

doing so would require new textures and modeling, unless they are made as optional cosmetics i doubt they'd take the time and effort to customize them further.

sorry but if you look at the real world armed forces use a mix of standard w/customization and customized design from the ground up.

so it's no surprise that things like liberators, gals, sundies for all factions have the same basic design with some ES cosmetic flare.

a good real world example would be the Canadian made LAV APC, if you take a look at ASLAV APC (Australian variant) you'll notice it's customized but still has the same basic design.

another example is the JSF (joint strike fighter) which was developed cooperatively between the USA and a bunch of other countries, all nations involved in the development's JSFs will have the exact same specs and design for at least a few years until one nation devises some technology they can implement into it's design.

let's not forget the EA-18G Growler electronic warfare plane of which only 2 countries posses.

so your argument that each faction's NS vehicles should be radically different in design has no legs to stand on.
    • Up x 1