F2P caters to low end PC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by the pestimist, Mar 9, 2013.

1. the pestimist

2. WalrusJones

It doesn't, really.

The game relies on single threading for most of its code, which favors overclocked components.
    Who overclocks the most? People who regularly replace most of their machines, and who use water cooling.
    Not people with low end machines who are trying to make it last.

This game really needs more multithreading, for both the high end, and the low end. (Yes, people have confirmed that it does depend mainly on your first core.)
    • Up x 1
  3. Loegi

Which is why it's DX9, so it's possible to play on XP. Sort of.
  4. WalrusJones

People stuck with XP for the longest time because Vista was so bad.
    It used to be the HARDCORE option.

Nowadays, these people have moved to windows 7, because... It is pretty decent.

I don't really know anyone who still uses XP, even on a low end machine, anymore.
  5. Momo93

It would be good to have multi core support because my video card is decent and I have 8 gigs of ram, but my cpu is only 2 cores (and only 2,10ghz), so I am pretty limited :/.

Edit: And I am not going to OC my laptop xD.
  6. HellasVagabond

I mostly care about rendering issues.....this game has serious problems rendering everything after 50m and that needs to get fixed ASAP.
  7. TheEvilBlight

More people have crap machines than good ones.
  8. Loegi

Apparently a lot of F2P players still have XP, I think. I guess a lot of Brazilians have that still or something. I really hoped people would stop using it already though.
  9. WalrusJones

Given that DX11's main feature is awesome performance over the previous 2 DX's. YEAH.
  10. Duff_Chimp

Your mother caters to low end PCs
  11. MiZrY

30-40% of worldwide PC's users are still running Windows XP.
  12. WalrusJones

I must be thinking too english centric.

Scratch my earlier post.
  13. foesjoe

Sick burn, bro! xD
  14. f0d

100% true
    i have a heavily overclocked i7 3820 at 5ghz and i monitor everything (mem usage/cpu usage/gpu usage/gpu mem usage etc) and i can definitely say this game is heavily single threaded - my cpu only really uses one core while playing

they really need to work on getting this game multithreaded for EVERYONE
  15. smokemaker

F2P is a gaming model that makes more money then monthly MMO's.
    It has nothing to do with who they are targeting for a player base.