[BUG] Extremely severe bug. (Vehicle teleportation)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LanceHavenbay, Dec 13, 2012.

1. LanceHavenbay

Just letting you know, this is not a result of my connection. I am able to perform any and all functions/services with my internet. Streaming video, uploading videos... etc. This also does not seem to happen on my TR character on the same server. Maybe that is just because I was only on him for 20 minutes.

Also take note that the region does not update until exiting the vehicle.
    This happens to all types of vehicles, not just aircraft.

(The quick start/stop aiming with my charter was just me pretending to be "nervous." :p
  2. Hodo

I have had this happen a couple of times last night. In several vehicles, once in a Sunderer that was deployed, twice was in a Mossie, and four times with a Flash.
    • Up x 1
  3. KraggTheGrim

I had this happen to me and i posted this in the general support thread. Thankfully you were able to get video of this, i was never ready to capture it. Happened to me 3 times last night.
    • Up x 1
  4. Cidroyz

happened to me once, i was in a squadmates liberator. we were wondering why we cant see anything on the ground .. not even friendlies, and then we landed somewhere, got out and POOF! the liberator disappeared LOL we were like W . T . F Happened!?
    • Up x 1
  5. LanceHavenbay

This one is even better! Pardon the use of other player names... I just happened to be in a squad at the time and was too lazy to edit it.

Notice that the territory is listed as ours, even though on the map.. it is not.

Also... notice: the tank melts. But that is normal. xD
    • Up x 1
  6. LanceHavenbay

Related video actually contained my reaction:
  7. NewoIkken

Saw this bug last night as well. Not me personally but a member of my squad. We both got into reavers at our NC warpgate we were flying out to the crown on indar to lay down some support for our attack effort. I got to the crown and was immediately engaged by turret fire from the crown. He said he couldn't see any units. No infantry, No tanks, No turrets... Just an empty zone. I looked on my map and his squad number did not show up anywhere... He then set his reaver down and exited. His reaver disappeared. He had to exit the game client and come back to begin seeing units again.

Gotta say last night was the least enjoyable game experience I have had since playing. A lot of weird stuff was going on last night.
  8. OJ191

The territory is listed as yours... because on the hud it thinks you are at Tawrich tech plant (which you owned) but the map and locale shows you at Zurvan Amp Station.

Presumably your tank got sent back to the tech plant.
    • Up x 1
  9. Crazy Airborne

yeah had this happen as well last night, there is a thread in the vehicle section discussing this. the hud shows you at last location, and you are traveling thru zones completely free of anyone but yourself, then when you get out, your vehicle disappears, (usually ends up back at someplace you last parked it)

kind of feels like the client is timing out or something. some sort of connection issue for sure.
  10. notyourbuddy

LOL

By far my favorite thread since launch.
    • Up x 1