[Suggestion] Extend NSO weapons set with faction-specific weapons

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DarkStarAnubis, Jul 20, 2020.

1. DarkStarAnubis

Title says it all, let's help those poor robots to fight at least on equal terms, every time I see an NSO Medic with the Yumi I start crying...

An NSO, while fighting for faction X, while have temporary access to all default weapons and to all weapons belonging to faction X purchased with DBC (across all characters) and to all faction X weapons purchased with certs (by that NSO character himself).

Temporary means that while fighting for TR an NSO HA will get immediate access to the CARV but switching to VS then the Orion will be available. Different loadouts have to be created or adapted.

Same goes for vehicles.

I know NSO characters were supposed to have their own weapons, vehicles, cosmetics line but that never happened (and most likely never will).
    • Up x 1
  2. Johannes Kaiser

This would reuire quite the amount of Certs, as a player would have to buy three times the amount of weapons, unless thy just want to stick to a favourite.
  3. DarkStarAnubis

The default weapons you get for free, just like any fresh NC/TR/VS character. That opens up quite a few more options. if you want something on top you need to invest certs. But already the default set is good.
  4. RabidIBM

Yeah, I get the feeling that NSO is a project that got called off, and when they called it off they just released whatever was done. I would like the certs to be scored to the account instead of the character. I have had a character on all three factions since 2013, but some get more play than others. In the case of my Vanu, I have everything I want except for the loot box stuff (separate issue), so of I could transfer 3000 of those certs I have no plan for to my NC character, that would be nice. It might even be enough to get me to play NC when they happen to be low pop, which was the whole point of NSO in the first place.
  5. Liewec123

i'd rather they just finish the NSO, make them truly unique,
    finish defector, this grenade tossing mess isn't the final product...give it an actual model and actual weapons.
    finish the javelin, buff the next launcher, add scout radar (maybe integrated by default?!) add NS weapons.
    create a special flying "vehicle" for them instead of an ESF.

its not great putting half finished junk into the game and calling it a subscription perk...