[Suggestion] Expand Light Assault to also be The Command Class

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Degenatron, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Iridar51

You're overthinking. The key thing about Jet Pack is not that it allows you to be in front, it's that it allows you to be where you want. The Jet Pack would allows the Commander to get in a nice position overlooking the battlefield, from where he can issue orders as he likes.
    • Up x 2
  2. zaspacer

3. Fry_Poncho

@Degenatron
    I see what you mean on the "removal of the jetpack" and the "LA spawn beacon only". When explained in more detail, they make more sense. The OS still seems op, though. Perhaps the os would follow the HE, HEAT, and AP rules, just tweaked a little. the lowest version would be a long bombardment (8 shots in 5 sec?) and would do no damage to armor. The second would be good against armor and infantry. (3 shots over 3 sec?) The third would do massive damage to armor and maybe 5?m maximum splash of 1000 and min. damage of 500 at 15?m. For the abilities, (ex. airstrikes, av+ai turrets, portal+supply drop, cloaking?) have a set. The double tap q would be default. For examle the airstrikes would be paired together, as would the turrets, and so on. An interesting ability could be a cloaking field that goes 2? meters around. Just idead

Anywho, still would like to see worked in the game.

On another note, to those who think that this would remove the Light Assault's "Light", allow me to explain. This unit would still have light weaponry, and its mobility (through abilities). It may not have its "insta mobility" but it would be able to move quickly thanks to abilities that kill or distract enimies. Also, hasn't there always been whining about "light assault needs more of a team role"? This would provide this choice.

Thanks for listening. Until next time, this is Vauguerd, saying "See you on Auraxis"
  4. MechSniper1324

This game isn't battlefield for a reason people. I like the idea, but it would change planetside for the worse imo. Light Assault is meant to be the run & gun guy. The loose cannon with 9 trunks of beer and a shotgun. The rambo with added death dealing. You get my point?
  5. MrGhosty

I can't say that I agree with this, while I do support the intention. What I would rather see is all of those commander aspects (with obvious OP balances) given automatically to whoever is the squad leader while still requiring them to respawn or refit from a terminal to get all the gear. Depending on the makeup of the squad I don't believe you should force command into one class.

As for the light assault kit, I would like to see more tools to give them some more options as LA is largely unused beyond suicide runs and solo player. I am intrigued by the concept of having LA be the "pilot" class leaving engineers to be largely the tank/ground vehicle class. Maybe instead of invalidating the safe ejection system, give it a boon when used in conjunction with the LA jetpack instead of dropping down it acts a bit like jump pads do. Though something that I would love is something like a jump pad ladder that LAs can drop.

The Jump Ladder would be a limited range/height jump pad connected to an upper ledge straight down a building, susceptible to gunfire, this would allow LAs to actually lead attacks or open additional entry points when a base is particularly fortified. I would like to see support abilities added rather than anything that makes them more deadly (let's face it, part of the reason they've not got a lot of kit is they can attack from any angle and get in and out of scrapes all other classes would be dead in) so something like the jump ladder would make them a worthwhile addition to the squad makeup.
    • Up x 1
  6. Fry_Poncho

Even though I can see how this wouldnt be fair, there sould be at least a commander class.