Exp from terminal kills need to go

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ruvan, Dec 5, 2012.

1. Ruvan

This is a common sense change that will take next to no development time. At the moment, people are screwing their team over and inconveniencing others. Furthermore, Infiltrators are losing opportunities to hack terminals.

Additionally, Engineers should not gain experience if they themselves destroyed the terminal.
    • Up x 1
  2. Flarestar

I'd agree with that. I don't want to see terminals go indestructible, but giving experience for them just encourages people to destroy them instead of letting infils hack them to give the attackers an advantage.
  3. psychobilly

Agree! Also: I team kill people I see destroying terminals (if a couple bullets doesn't stop them)). SOE: do you really want a mechanic in game that forces team killing? It's stupid.

No xp for destroyed terminals.
  4. Takoita

+1 to this. There is simply not enough infils hacking it out there. Oh, I was forced out of a turret by a sneaky one a couple of times, but still.

No need to make them indestructible either - how else would you change the hacked ones back if you've got no one willing to hack it again on hand?
  5. Kite Carling

6. Serpentis

Couldn't agree more with this.

So annoying when they destroy the terminals and then don't fix them. They just blow up everything they can and then jump into the nearest Sunderer, leaving someone else to clean up for them. Some of the bases have a pretty good run between spawn and vehicle terminal, only to find that the damn thing is destroyed, only to run back, grab Engineer and then fix it yourself.

Maybe no XP will actually push some people to hack instead of blatant destruction.