Everyone's performance killed but NO ONE at SOE could reproduce this issue?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AdrIneX, Feb 3, 2013.

1. FXRiot

The same thing happens to me and many people in my outfit are reporting the same problem. At first I thought maybe it's the server population excited about the patch, but even as things died down it continued.

It happens sometimes, but the game will start stuttering at certain places, seemingly when transitioning from one zone to the next, but it's hard to tell. This did not happen before the patch. I'm sure SOE is aware of it.
  2. St0mpy

odd, mines 250 which is still stupidly high even for a modern day build (which it is)
  3. TotalEclipse08

Yeah everything was fine in-game. I know this might sound like me saying the opposite to the majority of the posters in this thread but my game feels smoother overall. Kind of like I was running on 50 or 60hz before, and now I'm running on 75hz. It feels much smoother when I'm looking around.

Below is my ini file.

Code:
    [Display]
    FullscreenRefresh=75
    Maximized=0
    RenderQuality=1.000000
    FullscreenWidth=1440
    FullscreenHeight=900
    WindowedWidth=1024
    WindowedHeight=768
    Mode=Fullscreen
    FullscreenMode=Fullscreen

[Rendering]
    GraphicsQuality=1
    TextureQuality=3
    ShadowQuality=1
    RenderDistance=1200.000000
    Gamma=0.000000
    MaximumFPS=120
    UseLod0a=0
    OverallQuality=1
    LightingQuality=1
    EffectsQuality=1
    TerrainQuality=1
    FloraQuality=1
    ModelQuality=1
    VerticalFOV=74
    ParticleLOD=0
    ParticleDistanceScale=0.650000
    FogShadowsEnable=0
    MotionBlur=0
    VSync=0

[Controls]
    CameraAutoAdjustment=1
    ClickToMove=0
    ClickToMoveRightButton=0
    RailCamera=1

[Sound]
    Master=0.250000
    Music=1.000000
    Game=1.000000
    Dialog=1.000000
    UI=1.000000
    UseFloat32Output=0
    ExclusiveMode=0
    HitIndicator=1
    LowAmmoIndicator=1
    VehicleChatter=1

[ImageCapture]
    OutputFolder=C:\Users\Stu\Pictures\Planetside2
    OutputFilePrefix=screenshot.jpg

[VideoCapture]
    Resolution=2
    Quality=100
    WorkingDir=C:\Users\Stu\Videos\Planetside2
    OutputFile=VideoCaptureOutput.avi

[VideoStreamer]
    Resolution=1
    Fps=30
    Kbps=0
    MicRecordVolume=0.000000
    SpeakerRecordVolume=1.000000
    Username=

[Terrain]
    RenderFlora=On

[AutoRefuse]
    FriendInvitation=0
    DuelInvitation=0
    GuildInvitation=0
    HideUi=1
    TradeRequest=0
    HousingInvitation=0
    GroupInvitation=0

[General]
    AutoDetectPerformanceSettings=0
    MouseSensitivity=0.130000
    VehicleMouseSensitivity=0.200000
    FlightMouseSensitivity=0.300000
    ScopedMouseSensitivity=0.130000
    DrawHud=1

[Video]
    VideoCapturePrefix=PS2Video

[VoiceChat]
    EchoEnabled=1
    EchoVolume=0.500000
    ProximityEnabled=1
    ProximityVolume=0.500000
    FactionEnabled=1
    FactionVolume=0.500000
    GroupEnabled=1
    GroupVolume=0.500000
    GroupLeaderEnabled=1
    GroupLeaderVolume=0.500000
    RaidEnabled=1
    RaidVolume=0.500000
    GuildEnabled=1
    GuildVolume=0.500000
    CustomEnabled=1
    CustomVolume=0.500000
    InputDevice=Default System Device
    OutputDevice=Default System Device

[Voice]
    ReceiveVolume=50.000000
    MicrophoneVolume=51.000000

[UI]
    HudTintMode=0
    MapZoomLevel=2
    MapPositionX=-45.23098943518068
    MapPositionY=88.75012781579591
    ShowMapTutorial=0
    MapCenterOnPlayer=0
    MapFilterShowActivityLevel=0
    MapFilterShowTerritoryControl=1
    ShowCertsTutorial=0
    MapStatisticsView=0

[VoiceVolumes]
    sip:world25.lukzillas-@psp.vivox.com=-0.500000

4. Vortigon

Seems like people with good systems have had serious issues - people with laptops and crap systems have some improvement.

So they ruined the game for the majority of your population. GJ
  5. NateDiesel

My game runs alot better now... when it isn't crashing TROLOLOLOLO
  6. Kiekeboe

Yea the hotfix worked a bit for me. Sofar playing today the game runs much better and smoother. Haven't experienced lagspikes sofar.
    And it got me back to around pre-patch fps.
  7. BR4DDERS

They said the patch was supposed to improve the performance on low end GPUs,so they have probably tweaked the low graphic settings but people on high and ultra aren't benefitting as much.

TotalEclipse08 and Johnnyseven both claim to have better performance and are using low settings.
  8. Meh.

I have to agree with the op here.
  9. Sobic

I understand critical thinking is not taught anymore, but seriously this is getting ridicules.

The bugs are enhanced by server load. My performance is trash like everyone elses... While on Indar with everyone else. Its almost non existent on low pop maps.

This has happened in EVE-Online for years. They add or change something that breaks under real world server load. Nothing new here. It will be fixed, submit a thoughtful and very specific bug report.

Something EVE-Online does have is a test server. The devs will schedule mass-test so that they can get hundreds of players in one place to test stability.
  10. Cull58

It isn't a case of high end users having problems and lower end users having improvements at all. Myself and many other low end users now find the game unplayable.
    • Up x 1
  11. Timeraider

Even at timeswith my laptop when the ALT+F thing says ive got 50 fps.. the server performance makes it look like 20 fps.. so that aint great :p
  12. JP_Russell

Indeed. My system is thoroughly mid-range (but barely passes for low-end in PS2, really), and I've never had acceptable performance at all times in this game, but now I have the stuttering on top of it that makes it unplayable.
    • Up x 1
  13. Ailin

I'm not getting any issues, please stop talking for "everyone".
    • Up x 1
  14. csp0811

I understand giving a company slack. However, they failed where other companies do not. This failure warrants complaints and improvements. If they don't improve QA they will lose players to more stable and better tested games....
  15. Jex =TE=

On top of all this, and the TR tanks and NC tanks (i think) firing blanks, yesterday was the first time I noticed I was attacking an invisible enemy. I ran out to this rock outcrop, wondering why people are shooting at it then EEEEKKK!!!! 30 enemy suddenly draw in and I'm standing there like an idiot in the open lol
  16. rickampf

Please SOE... the game is unplayable post update, jump from 50 to 2 fps! I used to play consistently with 40-50.
  17. AdrIneX

Hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil. Everything is fine, the bugs are a lie.
  18. Rockit

It appears that SOE mid-level management has lost control. Time for a serious sit down with those folks.
  19. Thpthpthp

I haven't had any performance drop on my end, so I guess that means I work for SOE now?
    Try deleting your useroptions file, I remember having to do that a couple times after patches during the beta.
  20. AdrIneX

The stutter seems to be gone now but the overall performance is still like it was, not seeing any improvements at all. And above all the gimped vehicles and turrets? Yeah bro, totally not a problem.