Every Implant currently on Test

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by Alarox, Apr 23, 2014.

1. unsinnsschmierer

I know this is still in development and all but I really dislike this system.

I find some of the implants to be OP/unfair but I can live with that. What I don't like is the part about spending SC/Certs to keep them working. I might end up quitting the game just because of this.
  2. NinjaTurtle

I am replying just to say your signature is hilarious :D
  3. NinjaTurtle

His point stands though, a good player will still outperform inferior players just as often. This will change nothing in terms of the disparity between good and bad
  4. blag

It was already bad enough the game was pay to skip grinding. These things are a big step towards full-blown pay-to-win.
  5. Atis

One shall not doubt necessity of medic class
    http://2.bp.************/-1vIL7VGlZsc/T32APtL011I/AAAAAAAAITM/BF9ZQS398Ik/s1600/NecromancerCover_Springborg.jpg
    • Up x 2
  6. Regpuppy

Well, when I looked at their first list I was like "how are they going to make another implant compete with the non-detection one for overall usefulness?" and I see their solution to that riddle was to make something arguably broken, via health regen. :eek:
  7. kadney

I'd like to refer to my post from the original feedback thread, containing some stats of the implants that are missing / false in the OP.
    • Up x 1
  8. Goretzu

Anyone that played on Miller on Halloween saw the sheer power of them used enmass (with only knives at that). :eek:
  9. AdamRah2

WELCOME TO YESTERDAYS NEWS, WHEN EVERYONE DID THE MATH ETC AND KNEW WHAT THESE ALREADY DO
  10. TheMudster

You quoted a post from Wednesday...
  11. Klypto

He was the first to post it, like within less an hour that they came out on test.
    • Up x 1
  12. salembeats

I guess it depends on where you play. In Connery's zerg-fest, there's at least one enemy who knows where you are at any given moment without needing to use the minimap... especially if you play as the underpopped faction.
  13. iller

And then freaking nerf it like it should be.
    Regen ruined so many good games that were just plain better off with stimpacks or limited medkit mechanics.
    It also really marginalizes the Medic's primary ability in groups and will result in everyone taking C4 from now on
  14. Paperlamp

Except it's out of combat only, medkits can save people during combat as can medic heal.

It's a longevity increase but not a major deal.
  15. iller

I know it's "out of combat".... It's still a problem unless the OoC timer is 20 seconds or more
  16. BeyondNInja

3 of these were quality of life factors that were previously standard at some point in the last 9 months
    ie Battle Hardening, Enhanced targeting and Safe Landing, to some degree

Sensor Shield and EOD HUD both directly invalidate something (scout radar, sensor darts, motion spotters and AP mines)

Marker seems pointless, unless they changed it so that it silently spotted all enemies in your FOV (which would be broken)

Hold Breath is only relevant for one class and should just be a passive cert (except for a few people who use 6x battle rifles)

Regeneration basically turns the game into COD, with your health regenerating while in cover

Needless to say I am not impressed, even without the whole RNG and cash/cert sink approach