Even less fps

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Žiga, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Gamingroach

I'm getting random FPS lag spikes randomly for the "First Time" and usually following with a screen flickering then CTD...It happened 5 times today at Connery Server, NC @ The Crown.

I usually play on Custom set Ultra Settings via UserOptions.ini....before this recent patch I never encountered any CTD and low Frame spikes. Usually before-patch, my game never drops below 30 FPS in the most intense firefights zones but now I'm getting these FPS issues in even low traffic areas where there are no battles at all :/

It usually last for a few seconds then frames go back to normal...

Edit:

Before patch. Normally I got 60-70+ FPS in Empty areas or in flight
    50s and 60s in low traffic areas.
    45+ in Mid sized battles
    and 30+ in Most intense battles. (never drops below 30)

Now Randomly I'm getting 1 or 5 FPS spikes in all areas and Screen Flickers after the frame spikes following a CTD.
  2. AlasPoorJoric

I also have weird FPS issues, although it feels different to when I had FPS drop before the update. Now it feels more like my player is running 5 steps and then walking 2. A regular "surging". It only happens in some areas though, specifically the Crown, as mentioned.
    It seems uneffected by settings.
    Also, there was a recommendation to try going in and out of window mode. All that achieved was turning the whole world an irridescent, candy floss pink! Like some sort of Carebear or Brony nightmare.
    Definitely not a fix...
  3. FierceLegend

I was having fun playing this game last night until they brought out the patch of doom. I am now now playing this game because of you know what!!! It is really slow and laggy jittery. ******!!!!! Just make it back to normal please I need to smoke a joint and just uninstall this patch and play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. non7top

I can confirm that at ceres hydro my fps droped to 2-7, while it stayed at ~30 near warpgate. Sluttered moving happened at warpagete though.
    Before patch I had 60 at WG and ~30 in large battles at crown. This is on all low and 70% render.
  5. Dragam

Unlike the other people here, ive actually seen an improvement in fps.
  6. FightingFirst

Significantly worse performance for me. Was getting around 50-60Fps in the biggest fights not its going down as low as 30. It feels laggy as well. Otherwise love the rest of the stuff.
    FF
  7. Nature

Not to mention the completely unneccessary effects on burster maxes that drop your FPS to 0. This game needs fewer effects, not more since the engine cant even handle the current ones.
  8. MeltingCPU

I'm experiencing hiccups every time I move the mouse fast. I already play on a low end machine (C2D E8500 4g ram Radeon 4850), and suffer with 20 fps on bigger battles but at least before the patch I could actually aim at people.

This was the kind of nuisance that made me leave Mechwarrior Online. I hope SOE fix it soon.
  9. Deschain

don't mean to pour petrol on the fire but don't you test stuff to make sure its working before adding it to live, seems to me everyone is suffering the same issue but your dev team/testers missed it?
  10. Fluxpod

Just to help you.
    What i get after the Patch:
    Overall higher fps as Before.
    Some sort of Micro stutter/Slowdown-speedup in very short Intervall.
    Sometimes i get some very Heavy "stuttering" or Lagging
    Got Disconnected twice on Woodman.Second time serverstatus went to Maint.

Overall not so good.Game ran better before the Patch exept for the Audio which is very good now so thx.
    Before Patch at the crown around 35 Lowest.After Patch 47 Lowest but with the Problems described above.

Rig:
    Q9550 2.84 ghz
    8 gb kingston ddr2 1066 mhz
    Gtx 660 2 gb

Oh and thx for beeing in the office on a weekend.
  11. haldolium

Same here. Even the disconnect :-D

The FPS fluctuation is more heavy. And instead of becoming just very slick, as it has been before the patch and FPS <30 it now has heavy stuttering.

Thankfully this is no vendor-related bug as usual with AMD/ATI rigs like mine.
  12. Zakuak

Im getting the FPS drops it seems when I turn but only in certain areas of the map. I always had some drops in large battles but it was consistent and smooth (however smooth 30 or so FPS is). The FPS drops now seem violent and create a ...ummm...hickup or jerking effect in movement.
  13. Tantrumus

Exactly what I've been seeing. The MAXes spamming bursters is a huge FPS drop as well.
  14. Cryless

I wasn't expecting to have fps issues from this patch... I'm really disappointed!
  15. DramaticExit

I was getting this problem until twenty minutes ago.

I did the following to resolve it.

- Delete useroptions.ini
    - Launch game
    - Mess with graphics setting until they're to your liking.
    - Close game
    - Open useroptions.ini (the game has created a new useroptions.ini file as a result of you launching the game) and edit it to your liking for those options which are not accessable in game.

As a result of doing that, I'm back to the same FPS I had pre-patch, with the same settings.
  16. Grizzly-Konried

you can try setting your render distance to a lower number by going into your settings. Try 2,000m or 3,000m maybe, instead of the default 6,000m.

Doesn't seem to remove all the lag/hiccups, but it helps a lot.
  17. Suroped

Well you blew it. Now even my CPU overheating.
  18. JohnnyMaverik

I've gained and lost FPS, seem to always be above 25FPS now and even hit 65 now and again which I don't believe I've ever seen it do before, especially strange considering there was moving stuff on the screen... until suddenly I go down to 1-5 for a few seconds and back up again. Seems to happen more and more after about 5 mins of playing and by 10 mins I've had enough.

I tried lowering my render distance to 4k and got weird artifacting on smoke trails and other particle effects, no change in random fps drops or general fps count, raised it up again, the artifacting stopped, everything else same as...
  19. KripTed

yah my fps seemed to have dropped as well. and stutters when turning in vehicle. worked fine before the update as well
  20. JohnnyMaverik

Lol, damn. Might not be the game but to be on the safe side I think I might not play for a few days :p

My laptop was already taxed enough as it was playing this game pre-patch, if the CPU goes... don't want to think about it.