ESSR UPDATE

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ComradeHavoc, Feb 26, 2014.

1. ComradeHavoc

Everyone pray to your respective deities thst the update comes out tomorrow.

On a side note if it's not coming out when is it? Answer me lord freedom shotgun space Murica' Higby's mullet.
  2. NCDaniel

Let's do this, Lord Gaben.
    • Up x 1
  3. ComradeHavoc

4. Paperlamp

I don't even care now that the NS one can't be used by LA.

For TR that was an incredibly exciting thought, a decent long range high bullet damage gun for LA?! WTBWTBWTB

And then they announced infil specific and I cried myself to sleep.
    • Up x 2
  5. EViLMinD

Four new rifles? 3 ES and 1 NS?

Hope the new attachment is released, too. I wonder if it will replace the grip (because it does nothing for a BASR).
    • Up x 1
  6. ComradeHavoc

Hush child *smothers with pillow*
    • Up x 5
  7. TheShrapnelKing

We get a Gauss rifle.

Prepare for long range liberation.:cool:

Also the charge-up Vanu weapon is basically exactly what I wanted the VS weapon to be so:

I officially declare they used my idea.:D
  8. Scr1nRusher

Is the new Sniper Bolt reload attachment coming aswell?
  9. iPlague

Emmergawd, railjack nerf pls? :D
  10. EmmettLBrown

I wouldn't be surprised. It needed a hell of a lot less polish than the guns.
  11. Pikachu

Yeah using the NS on other classes I thought would be so fun too. It's like finally getting a functional battle rifle. I'm very curious to see how they turn out to perform. I'm sure 99% of snipers will stick to their old stuff though. I think the NC one will be the most popular.
    • Up x 1
  12. Pikachu

There is a straight bolt for the rail slot which makes you not have to unscope to draw the bolt. It shakes your aim a little bit while it happens but goes back to where it was. The problem is that there is no reason to not use it. Forward grip is still meaningless and no other alternative like bigger magazine or special barrel or what not.
    • Up x 1
  13. NinjaTurtle

It's a Sniper rifle what did you expect?

I'd love to have the Orion on the Infiltrator but that ain't going to happen

Having weapon specific classes is a good way to keep class diversity, personally I think SMG's should have also been Infil exclusive but meh

The NC one currently on test has terrible bullet drop and is as of now a horrible weapon that adds nothing new.

Looking forward to getting the Phaseshift though, that thing is awesome.

The NS rifle feels really nice and has a funky reload animation
    • Up x 2
  14. ComradeHavoc

The longshot performs exactly like the railjack. Really.
  15. Akeita

:eek:
  16. Kaktwox

Not sure if this should be called the "ESSR Update" any more, since only 2/3 factions are really getting sniper rifles. The TR like always will need to rely on the much better NS equivalent.
  17. whitupiggu

It's a semi auto scout rifle. HAs and engis have the battle rifle and the infil has the scout rifles. I don't see why the medic and LA shouldn't get something like them.
  18. Paperlamp

It's more like a battle rifle, really.
  19. Nephi1im

Medics get assault rifles, which, depending on the fire mode are very close to a battle rifle. LAs can fly to hard to reach places... Which could spell trouble with a long range gun.
  20. Nephi1im

And the longshot performs exactly like the LA80, which performs exactly like the bolt driver.... Faster bullet travel, shorter reload, more damage. It isn't a unique flower, but it is pretty much a straight upgrade to the longshot.