ESSR changes from PTR to Live

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by ISKNausicaa, Feb 27, 2014.

1. ISKNausicaa

The reason I'm posting this is due to the last minute changes to the Railjack as this patch went live that we didn't see on the PTR;
    Ammo went from 4 to 10, increased overall ammo capacity (30+ additional shots), added a split second shot delay.

I've not had chance to test the other faction rifles yet, I'm wondering if there are any changes made to the TR and VS rifles on live that weren't present on the PTR.
  2. starlinvf

I don't understand how others didn't see something like this coming? People hated the shotgun, so they pulled it and gave it incredible velocity. Everyone called the velocity buff massively OP, and they should do something else..... but that first "something else" was summarily rejected.

So how do you make bolt action, which has very narrow specifications to be functional, different without messing with its already touchy stat thresholds? And so this new skill floor mechanic was brought in.

While we're on the subject, would anyone had cared if it was naturally silenced with a 700m/s velocity?
  3. Engine91

You could give it a neat trait or ability the others don't have.

Multi target penetration, damage to armor, 1 shot shotgun "panic button", etc.

Right now its got a dumb delay from trigger pull to bullet flying and its a marginally better/worse bolt action. oh and its a fraction of a second faster then the others.
    • Up x 1
  4. starlinvf

It had all of that in the first incarnation on the test server. But I guess no one like it.
  5. XDDante

you can't really go other way for Railjack to be honest,if you give anti-max/armor capabilities either you have a weapon that will do excellent damage to max/armor enough so people will complain and will get removed or nerfed to the points where having that ability is useless,as for multi target penetration i think i rarely see an infiltrator behind another i mean friendly fire is great deterrent for that XD so target penetration would be useless imho...
  6. Dragonblood

Has someone figured out the Trap? That gun just confuses me.
  7. Wobberjockey

SA for long range
    2x for medium range
    3x for close range

aim for the upper chest and the later rounds should end up as a headshot.
  8. Dragonblood

The single shot mode feels reeaaly weak.....
  9. Wobberjockey

i think it's still a 3 shot head shot, so plink away, cover, cloak, reposition, and repeat

alternately, stick with your squad, and aim for the engies and medics
  10. Dragonblood

Would use the single shot option only, if you really HAVE to fight targets beyond 60m. It's strange I expected it to be a sniperifle, but it's best used against targets under 15m.
  11. Wobberjockey

it definitely a weapon best suited to infiltrators playing in close.
  12. ISKNausicaa

its like the phaseshifts semi auto fire, not really something you would use most of the time, buts its there for those few specific situations.
  13. Engine91

Im aware it had a shotgun that got quickly removed.

but any one of the 3 (by themselves. all 3 or a pair of those traits would be OP, so just one. personally I want multi target pen) would be great for it.

Give it a special trait, remove the bullet delay and it will be golden. Reducing the bullets back down to 4 would be fine too for some more balance.
  14. starlinvf

Magazine size has very little meaning on weapons with high alpha and long range. All the bolts have 5 shots, but the only weapon that has ever proved a hindrance to was the Short range ones. The reason is simple.... as range increases, the threat of retaliation becomes smaller.

Consider the Phase shift. No one is complaining about the bottomless ammo supply or reload times, as that isn't a significant factor to its operation. However, I have seen concern about the number of shots in semi auto-mode before overheating, and that right now it sits just on the right side of the line of being useful.

Or look at the Enforcer. The reload time is not a major factor in its operation because the chamber time between rounds is heavily spaced. The design itself leads to stable damage over time, with the shot spacing and reload times only being marginally different in rhythm. Compare that to the Saron, which can dump rounds quickly but then sits through a comparatively long reload process. Same with the Vulcan.