ESF update delayed, again

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LightningWolfTigrBer, Jul 10, 2013.

1. LightningWolfTigrBer

"Lots of people asking about ESF update - it is delayed. We want to do some revisions to lockon mechanics and they're taking a while to nail."
    https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/354792008801464320

Just wanted to put this out there for those who may not have heard yet. Pretty disappointing. Don't see why they couldn't ship the rest of the mechanics changes and new weapons with this patch, but whatever.
  2. GigaClutch

Dude, this is a really good thing. If air is broken it will affect the entire game. If you were playing during beta you will remember what it was like when air was incredibly overpowered, we do not need that again.
    • Up x 8
  3. Kevorkian

This.

OP needs to relax. Its going to be a significant update. Lets make sure SOE does it right instead of shoving a half finished patch out the door.
  4. NinjaTurtle

It is disheartening that they keep missing deadlines
  5. LightningWolfTigrBer

Virtually all the changes coming with the update only effect A2A. How could lock-on mechanics make ESF's OP again? And I never claimed I wanted them to push out broken mechanics, if lock-on's need work, fine, fix them. I just don't see why such a small part of the update has to hold all the rest of the content back from being released.
    Disappointed = agitated?
  6. Alarox

Not really deadlines.

More like "we're trying to do X so it'll probably come out in GUY".
  7. NinjaTurtle

Yeah deadlines was probably the wrong word but even so things are pushed back quite often. There were things supposedly to be released in January that have yet to see the light of day :(
  8. Eclipson

They are taking extra time perfecting the new lock-on mechanics.
  9. Alarox

I'd rather they give us a general timeline of things they want to do than just say "maybe you'll see this someday" and keep us guessing every GU.

That's why I think it's unreasonable for people to complain about things not being "now". Not you, just in general.
  10. randalthorr

HOW ABOUT SOE MORONS POST THIS ON THE FORUMS FFS
  11. joe smo

Just by the sounds of it the NS-Mass drivers might be OP, the new lock-on missiles might replace the current A2AM...
    So thankfully that gives them time to make sure the new weapons are not OP and that lock ons are not no-clip gods that they are now.
    • Up x 1
  12. EtharionTurambar

Seriously now? :))

I mean i know, and its cute and all saying "Hey calm down, you dont want them to launch with something broken, give them time."
    Its FREAKING SOE!!!! They take ALL the time they need and in the end they STILL launch crappy buggy updates that dont have half their stuff working properly.. -.-

So personally, if id have to choose between soon and bad..and late and bad... i'll choose the first thanks...
  13. MasonSTL

If you know its going to be bad.... why would you want it at all???
  14. GraphicJ

I for one am not so sure about the upcoming ESF update. Seems to be introducing more easy to use weapons for casual pilots but yet SOE has given us the option to cert up on afterburners. So it’s a 50/50 thing. I will reserve judgement until release. Hopefully SOE doesn’t dumb down the Air vs Air game.
  15. sindz

Big surprise here.
  16. nukularZ

This makes me sick to my stomach and I seriously hope not.

Edit: Actually I'll reserve judgment until release. If defenses get buffed along with the addition of easier to use weapons, then it could balance out. The last I want to see is a lower TTK on ESF (ignoring those who get 1-clipped while hover podding).
  17. Mustarkrakish

Ohhhhh can't wait!! I wonder if they will add bombs !
  18. EtharionTurambar

Cause i'm obviously a mazohist :p
  19. Bill Hicks

Somebody locked on to the update and its flares were not ready.
    • Up x 1
  20. Joram

The ESF update is gonna change a lot of things about how to play air and how to counter it, if it's rushed it can break the game balance , stop complaining about the delay.