ESF Saron , hailstorm , antares ?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by innersphere1, Feb 5, 2014.

1. innersphere1

What u think is the best weapon for a scythe?
  2. z1967

Hailstorm for A2A v. ESFs
    Saron for attacking libs and ESFs
    Antares for attacking libs and gals. Son't expect to do super well against ESFs though.
  3. innersphere1

what about after those nerfs.. now i feel saron is better then hailstorm
  4. z1967

It will still one clip ESFs, you will be worse off whilst attacking libs and gals though. None of these are good at attacking ground. That is the Light PPA's job. Saron does have quite a few advantages like a bigger clip, but hailstorm will still win most air battles for you.
  5. EsDee

Like all rotaries, the hailstorm receives the biggest bonus to reload speed from certing proportionate to its stock reload speed. Like all rotaries, the hailstorm has (just) enough ammo to kill another ESF with 100% accuracy. Max out ammo capacity and you need around 65% accuracy to kill another ESF; Max out reload speed and you're reloading in 72% of the time it'd take from stock.

Saron is ultimately the best all-rounder option when you're uncertain of what you're going to encounter, and the Anteres LC is the closest thing to a sidegrade of all of the new ESF noseguns, trading off some TTK for consistency, which helps a lot against big targets like galaxies and liberators that require you to be constantly mobile to actually take down.
  6. Prudentia

PPA+Rocketpods and a zergstalemate.
    certscertscertscertscertscertscertscertscertscertscertscertscertscertscertscertscertscertscertscertscertscertscertscertscertscertscerts
  7. IamDH

Antares seems like a good weapon choice for noobs. If you are any good in an ESF (or willing to get good) i'd suggest the rotary version for VS (hailstorm i believe? i forget these things)