ESF Ramming and Reavers dying.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by grazr, Mar 15, 2015.

1. grazr

This is just an observation as of late, both being on the receiving end of and first hand witness too this kind of thing. But i've been noticing mossies and scythes ramming reavers. Of course this isn't really anything new, ESF's caught off gaurd will infrequently pull a kamikaze out of spite, but mossies and scythes seem to be able to survive ramming reavers or vice versa. I've seen 50% healthmossies outright spear full health reavers out of the sky and reavers ramming scythes or mossies and the non-NC barely getting more than a concussion as the Reavers giblets decorate the sky.

I'm wondering if this is just a coincidental batch of freak accidents or not.
    • Up x 1
  2. Doc Jim

There used to be a trick for ramming while flying Scythes (don't know if it still works). As Scythes have no landing gear, the ventral area is a lot more resistant to collision, so you'd go for the ram-job and pitch up on the last couple of metres, thereby smacking the enemy with the Scythe's ventral area, killing the enemy and surviving while taking little or no damage. This could explain Scythes ramming a lot... I have no idea how Mossies should be better at ramming than the flying smurf-brick.
    • Up x 1
  3. vincent-

This here I've had more surviving rams when I hit them with my bottom.
  4. Problem Officer

This, wasn't sure if it was just bad luck but I've survived rams in a Reaver only a few times,
    almost always explode and the other ESF gets away smoking, sometimes without a scratch (iirc, reported bug in the extreme cases).
    Something's more wrong with Reaver's mesh/stats than the overall bulk.
    On that note, my Scythe tends to hit unseen terrain mesh by far the most, Mosquito and Liberator clip into pads when landing hard.
  5. Mr Ixolate

Hitting with the ventral area of the sythe is still as effective as it used to be especially when it seems that the top of an esf is least resistant.
    That said when I'm about to collide I will try to skew the collision in my favour with 2 point blank hornet missiles so I'm not sure how reliable I can be when saying this.
  6. CapperDeluxe

Because planetside physics
    • Up x 1
  7. Ac3s

My experience with flying a mossie is that scythes usually ram with me dying instantly and they still live, never really had this happening to me with reavers ramming my mossie.
    But oh boy...scythe pilots just love to ram! (80% of rammers I meet on Miller are in scythes)