ESF Noseguns less effective against Sunderers

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by ladiesop, Apr 30, 2013.

1. ladiesop

I was using the Airhammer on the test server in VR, which normally takes about 2 and a a bit magazines (of size 7, unless I'm mistaken), but it felt more like 3.5 or more. I also tried on the Rotary, which seemed to be doing even less damage than before, like tickle damage.

I read somewhere that the noseguns had a damage bonus against Sunderers, but has this been taken away?
  2. Tekuila

I'm not sure about the rotaries and stock nose guns but the air hammer really shouldn't be doing as much damage as it does against vehicles considering it is an AI weapon.
    • Up x 1
  3. ladiesop

I initially thought it was an Airhammer nerf, but I tried on the Rotary and that was even worse.

The Airhammer wasn't that good against tanks (pods are a better option every time, so much I consider that tank hunting one of the biggest weaknesses of the AH/AB build, and as a generalist, Rotary/Pods performs better; Sunderers were the exception), and has a much lower effective range; you need to fly closer which is more dangerous; it's also not better in the air against ESFs compared with the rotary, just passable. (it's good against liberators though)

The other AI guns aren't good, but they're 'safer', and (the Banshee at least) would become reasonable weapons if they sped up the reload significantly, which I think is the biggest annoyance when I used it. The PPA seemed more flawed.
  4. Tekuila

Yes, that's my biggest gripe with the air hammer. I would be happy with the PPA and Banshee were as well rounded. :D

However the damage being less against vehicles is disturbing news considering the nerf in our rocket damage to the rear of tanks.

The idea of ESF's being as brittle as they are and having even less damage output will probably take me out of the skies permanently.
  5. Athessu

I think they just changed the overall armour of a lot of the vehicles. Therefore all damage in general is going to be changed rather than people assuming it's a direct rocket nerf.
  6. gigastar

I wasnt aware that the armour buff also included Sunderers...
  7. Osskscosco

A 1 man vehicle can't kill a sunderer which costs 400 resources in 2 magazines? Oh noez! :eek::eek:
  8. randalthorr

A one man LA can take out a 100 resource MAX with 1 c4.

Whats your point ?
  9. Osskscosco

LA can run with 300 km/h.
    • Up x 1
  10. ladiesop

I pop way more Sunderers solo with my LA than in my Reaver, including in heavy populated battles where the Reaver couldn't even get near let alone have time to empty two and a half magazines into the Sunderer.
    • Up x 1
  11. Tekuila

Yea this hatred of esf is becoming quite irrational.