[BUG] ESF A2A gameplay "unrewarding" - only getting assists!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by swatti, Dec 15, 2012.

1. swatti

Im fairly sure im not the only one whos getting this, but when you do take down an enemy aircraft, you only get assists 80% of the time.

Examples:

- Galaxy, 10 ppl in, im the only one who hit it and managed to finaly destroy it, EVEN BEFORE it hit the ground, only to get a pitifull "galaxy kill assist" exp... Lame.

- Libby, finished it off with a missile while gunning, killed it before it hit the ground, way into enemy territory so i was the one who made the killing-blow. Again, only assist.

Sometimes ive missed out on any and all EXP for a kill ive done for no apperent reason. 80% of the time the enemy hits the ground i wont get anything, even assists.

FIX SUGGESTION:
    If you were the one who took the vehicle "in the red" and it is then then destroyed, by hitting ground(you shot it down) or by simply burning up and blowing up by itself, YOU GET THE KILL.
    If someone finishes the vehicle off when on fire/in the red, he gets the kill, and you the assist.

I considor myself a very good pilot with a rather high K/D ratio in A2A combat but at the moment im not getting much off it

EDIT: also, a bit odd one. A full ESF-kill get gets me 98 EXP, a infantry-kill gets me ~130 or so... To get a ESF kill in A2A i need a proper ESF myself and preferably some certs put into it... Not very revarding compared to a pathetic spawncamping.
  2. CoreDave

Often this is because the "killing blow" is struck by the burn up mechanic. Its clearly ridiculous and will no doubt get fixed at some point. Basically last to hit or highest damage dealer should et kill credit if a unit is killed by anything other than a player fired weapon. So burn up, suicide into ground, deconstruct or /suicide, etc, etc.