-EOS- (Explosive Ordinance Scrambler) Generator

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Goliath Mk2, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Goliath Mk2

This is a generator for bases that prevents enemies from deploy remote or proximity explosives within' a certain range of the base.

Anyone trying will either 1) Instantly Explode :oops: or 2) Not be able too put any down.

The "Ordinance" in question would be C4, AI mines and AT mines.
    Grenades would remain unaffected. This could also however be made to affect other things such as engineer turrets, infiltrator sensors (but not the darts) and medic shield bubbles.
  2. starlinvf

I take this is prompted by you getting AT mined off a pad from a back end base. :p
    • Up x 1
  3. Goliath Mk2

No, but it has happened and I don't find all that frustrating. (and the wait to get another one)
    This is mainly for Complex's such as Tech Plant, Ampstation, Bio Labs to help defend against attackers. (there are various other features that these Complex's should have but i'm suggesting this one now)

I think this is just a feature that should deny something to the attackers and they need to destroy this generator if they want to make it easier to capture a Complex with the items this feature denies.
  4. Verviedi

No thanks. I like dropping C4 on huge groups of enemies.
    • Up x 1
  5. Goliath Mk2

I can totally understand that, but I dislike players just kamekaze into a group of enemies just to score easy points. An alternative to this would be to remove all XP for kills (get rid of the points factor and you'll see less kamekaze) and increase the XP for base captures by a massive amount. (but i don't think people would like that so i suggest something a little more reasonable)
  6. Goliath Mk2

Although you could have a timed explosive similar to C4 except is less powerful against vehicles and slightly less effective against infantry but it can be placed in the "AOE of the EOS" (because it's a timed explosive and not a remote explosive)