[Suggestion] Environment for Infantry. Random base themes.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AuricStarSand, Mar 2, 2024.

1. AuricStarSand

- How many bases are based off narrow doors? Too many?

- Why isn't their a base with 200 boxes? Box wharehouse.

- Where is the jumpad base for jumpad infantry fighting mid air drifter jet gameplay? " 40 base jumpads. "

- Why does a game without lore, not have random base designs? Why aren't base themes more wacky?

- The mid field of Oshur is still too empty, not enough cover. even tho I'd rather see funds for Koltyr 2.0 + weekly Nexus.

- Pommel Gardens is ignored entirely, suggest link to Astira.

- Add those purple autumn type trees you showed for Oshur screenshots to mid field of Oshur. & no I'm not talking of shattered warpgate trees, speaking of Oak type leaf trees. As for SW trees; I'd only like to see those for Nexus 2.0

- Is it time to return the rock bridge of indar?
    make the bridge even better by adding a 2nd rock bridge above the 1st bridge, with harasser jump boulders?

- Crown as a 3 point base so far, after a few years. Is getting too simple. Suggest to have The Crown as a 4 point.
    Crown use to have 4 points, yet I'm not suggesting D point should be where it was previously. So a new D point.

- Lightbeam bridge map, tons of tiny lightbeam bridges, bridges not for vehicles, for infantry. So a base that favors the hacker. Other hacker related idea's. Lots of hackers to win the base.

- A tower with only staircases. Hollowed out.
    Nothing else but stair floors. no doors, just stairs. no levels to the tower, just indoor 8 flights of stairs.

- I've asked for more The Stronghold and Shrouded Skyway type bases. IE Starship Trooper forts with Ewok forest walkways.

- The very South East. Bottom right of Amerish. Has mountains & hills. How to make infantry fights happen around there?
    The bases kind of ignore those mountain hill fights.

- Keep 2 containment sites for Esamir. The least popular of the 3 sites is Ymir & blocks the path from the south warpgate to the east warpgate, so that advance never get farmed. Since Ymir is a less favorable roadblock.
    So delete Ymir, replace Ymir with a Bio Lab that has the shiny blue gateshield effect to the windows. Thus only one bio lab out of all the planets has the gate shield window effect & it's Esamir south east.

- What are random base ideas Wrel wouldn't let the dev team make? How's MEME bases? I wouldn't suggest replacing old bases from the old maps much or reediting oshur too much; are both lackluster highlight options. That's why I suggest 2 new medium maps. Koltyr + Nexus. That way any new random wacky base the devs build, is showcased better for players to obviously see.

- A meme base is take 1 idea and duplicate it. Without even spending too many funds. Base with too many dev made caltrops laying around. Base with too many bushes. Base with destroyed vehicles laying around. Base with too many starship trooper fort walls. Too many trenches. Too many lightbeam bridges to hack. Too many ewok walkways even more than Shrouded skyway has. A base with too many moss ravine type boulder arches overhead. A base with too many desert tubes, the kind Quartz Ridge has laying around. Yet more of those tubes for infantry farms.

- A base with longer Hunters Blind type walkways, same tree forts, yet the issue with those hossin tree bases is they are too narrow and small, they should be large flat square platuaes. & they should have tree stairs to get to them, not just jumppads. Hossin treeshut designs are underrated and not quite thought out enough.

- Players like shattered warpgate trees. Devs made the new oshur mid field empty. Players like Pommel Gardens boulders, devs delink Astira from Pommel because their too lazy to build a better staging front for Astira. From the north side of Astira, to Pommel. & from Pommel to Astira; siege. Bad roads. Bad parking bewteen Astira and Pommel. Astiras north side, shouldn't lead to a spawn room vehicle terminal; which blocks Pommel from sieging Astira. Then the road has a boulder pass that doesn't have a bridge, so you have to drive down to the beach to reach pommel.

- How does giving players the Outfit War maps, weekly. both having edits + Kolyr edited; how does that effect bringing back returning vets? " Update Trailer: Weekly Nexus 2.0, Koltyr 2.0. Deso 2.0. " With SW trees added to nexus & Stronghold forts added to Kotyr. Players would hype that.

- If you're gonna build a lot of door to door bases, then their needs be a ton of door to door items and besides smoke attachment and caltrops leading up to a door, their isn't much for door to door advancing items. " Hallway items " defensive infantry items.

- What are the devs favorite bases? Why not just add some ideas from one of those to Koltyr. Also people are already saying they liked Koltyr more than they like Oshur now. So a 2.0 Koltyr they'd def be hype for. Esp with Stronghold Forts surrounded by rock bridges and boulder mazes.

- Nexus is the Elite Squad Map with Side map; Shattered Warpgate style Jungle tree Infantry fights. Koltyr is the Starship trooper boulder maze rock bridge warehouse box map; to erase and replace koltyr's towers.

- The northern Esamir bases. Where you use to have a MEGA frozen ice bridge vehicle battle. To the right shoulder of Steeleshore. That use to be awesome. Between those 2 bases. North of Esamir. Now nothing happens there, where the ice bridge area and other base use to be. I'd return that base NE of Esamir & make that ice bridge area have some ice boulders for vehicle cover.

- A base with tons of harasser ramps. Are their dev made ramps? Whot not some dev made harasser ramps surrounded the outskirts of Watersons? If not then maybe Desolation map; is able to have tons of dev made harasser mountain jumps. All types of dev style vehicle ramps. Maybe even with free turbo boosts?

- A new medium map built to steer your droppod. Squad verse squad. no factions. DM.

- Ultimately a random wonky base idea isn't gonna ruin my immersion. If you want a lore driven game with accurate story base design, then wait for PS3. Till then just build anything that entertains Infantry players. & So far meme wacky bases, even with small funds > are better than polished narrow door room holds.

That's why the players would favor a map designer tool. Yet that's if this game wasn't underrated; similar to starcraft's map maker. Tis how you get Turret defense game modes. Hack many AV turrets lined up, to protect the sunderer supplies.
    • Up x 1