Enter key minimizing game

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by wolfva, Nov 25, 2012.

1. wolfva

Here's the problem. After playing for awhile, I'll hit the enter key to say something in chat, but instead it minimizes the game window and brings me to my desk top. I have to hit enter again to bring the game back, but then it says, "SHIPPING" and I end up in windowed mode. I won't be able to do any chatting because this will keep happening. Relogging fixes the problem, but is somewhat annoying to have to do.

I haven't heard of anyone else having this problem, so I can't help but wonder if it's on my end. Perhaps my keyboard is going bad? Or maybe there's something else wrong; plenty of folk here are much smarter then me, so ideas? Other then buying a new keyboard, I'm broke.
  2. TSR AlexS Customer Service

Sorry about your key issues. I'd recommend following the instructions below to reset your ui to default. It might be able to fix your issue.

Run your Planetside 2 Launchpad and log in, but do not press play. Click on the Advanced Tools icon (looks like a hexagon surrounding a wrench) in the lower left and then choose the option to open game directory. In the window/folder that comes up, locate and delete the following files

UserOptions.ini
    SoundSettings.xml
    LoadingScreen.xml
    InputProfiles.xml

Once these files are deleted, close the Planetside 2 window/folder and go back to the Launchpad > Advanced Tools/Settings menu. Click on the Validate Game Assets menu option and then press the green Validate button to have the Launchpad check your game files, and download any missing or corrupt files.
  3. Cobra9

This happens to me sometimes too, but instead of minimizing it just brings it to windowed mode. What I do is "enter" back to full screen, then hold down left alt and press enter, this brings it to windowed mode again, then press left alt and enter at the same time again to be brought back to full screen. Then it works again for me. Hope this helps :)
    • Up x 1
  4. Fleabag

You're not the only one, it sends me to windowed mode and whilst doing it disables V-sync. I can't begin to stress how fudging irritating it is! :mad: As some days I type a fair bit (squad leading as an addition to voice coms) and just to chat to people I know frankly.

Please, please, please fix this SoE! It didn't happen in beta that I recall it's something new you've done in the gold client.
  5. DeltaHawk

This certainly wasn't happening in beta, been occurring to me since release.
  6. UseTheForc3

Same thing happened to me, your solution worked. Thanks! :)
  7. Dodgeit

I had a couple of issues that i thought were related to my keyboard, but maybe its the game as it only happened in planetside?

My pc first became convinced that my Windows key was being pressed, even though i have physically removed the keys so they can not be pressed.... So when i reloaded, it brought up the run box...
    Pressed tab, and it closed the game to desktop.

I would restart my pc, and it would be fine, then launch ps2, and same happened.
    In the end, i disabled the windows key in regedit.

Other issue i had was with the Alt key, and ps2 thinking that was pressed all the time. Restart sorted that one, but if it comes back i'll post.
    Not sure if it was ps2 related or if it was a general pc issue, but it only happened when i was playing ps2.
  8. wolfva

Tried those suggestions, as well as Cobra's; didn't really help. Although pressing enter didn't send me straight to desktop, my chat disappeared. This seems to happen after an hour or 2 of play.

I'm glad I'm not the only one having these types of problems...misery loves company after all so suffer you fools! SUFFFFERRR!!!
    <maniacal laughter ensues>.
  9. sagolsun

One of several dozen minor annoyances.

It's as if pressing the ALT toggle for mouse cursor somehow manages to get the key stuck.

Issue happens only once per game session (launching the exe). Once maximized the window doesn't pop back.
  10. SirTok

the way i fixed that issue was to hold Alt and press enter to enter windowed mode and the press it again to enter full screen mode, try with both Alt button if one of them doesn't fix it for you. It worked for me and hopefully works for everyone else as well!
  11. Gwarh

Thanks Cobra9. I had this very problem and your fix worked perfectly.