[Enquiry] Tank turret stabilization

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by CNR4806, Jun 17, 2014.

1. CNR4806

Don't have the game installed atm but I'm intrested to know whether this update brings full turret stabilization (ie. horizontal + vertical, like secondaries), because the patch notes sound like they're just doing vertical stabilization. So, can anyone please tell me which is the current case in PTS?

Gameplay-unrelated fun fact: This difference I'm talking about is a Real Life (tm) technological gap of 6 years (Vertical stabilization: M4 Sherman (1942), Full stabilization: Centurion Mk 3 (1948).
  2. doombro

It does not. At best, it just makes going over 3 degree angles in terrain a little bit smoother.
    • Up x 2
  3. minhalexus

Formally I used to stop my tank for turret stabilization.

Now I stop my tank, for adjusting for the bullet drop and velocity.

Apparently, turret stabilization is good for close range combat within 40m.
    But after that, I find myself stopping to adjust for the drop.

Even on the test server, most Vanguards/Prowlers I saw were not moving constantly like mags.
  4. Udnknome

This is primarily a buff for Lightnings and Skyguards as I see it.

Running Viper and Skyguard I move alot.
  5. Dhabu

By your definitions (which I like), it is vertical stabilization only. As others have said, it's not perfect - stopping the tank makes the turret shake slightly, and it still moves a touch on "hard" changes (bouncing off the far side of a gulley, etc). It is, however, a damn sight better than it's ever been, and I love it.

The new bullet drop/speed obviously isn't a buff, but I didn't find it required that much of an adjustment. It's not as bad as some people are saying.