Enough is enough with friendly sunder TK

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fluff, Dec 6, 2012.

1. _CLU_

Just tell in local channel to move the sundie. And, if it is not moved in 5 minutes, blow it. But I wonder if your spot was better than the other one... I bet the other player could say the same. Or perhaps you are the veteran and the other the noob. Who knows...

Lots of posts in this thread are from people trying to justifiy the TK of a sundie from a tactical / logical point of view, what may be right after you warned it in local chat or by tell if driver is inside sundie. BUT what I have seen in the game every time was simply a way to farm EXP destroying the other sundie. That WILL NOT benefit in any way your faction.

Greed and inmmaturity is all around, but well, we get used to it. With that behaviours we will see an alarming decrease in sundies, and that will definitely very very bad for infantry. I do not care, as I drive my tank / scythe everywhere, but really... I do not like the idea of lacking sundies, as for example for me are very useful as ammo dispenser or repair.

And, if you spawn in a sundie 10000 meters away from action, it is your fault not deployer. You have to check before spawning WHERE are you going. Trying to charge your own fault to another one and blow his vehicle due to a frustration is a childish behaviour. Just REDEPLOY. And if there is no sundie near where do you want, just bring one there.

The more I see intentional TKs, the more I am convinced there are NO excuse. Never. It may even ruin this game if it becomes a common thing all around.

The only thing we will see until mechanic is fixed is people blowing up sundies for farming XP, then the victim taking revenge and blowing the new sundie, and finally infantry will have to spawn far from there due to the stupidity and greed of people.

Perhaps EXP bonus for spawn should be removed. That may solve the problem.
  2. Foreman Joe

Sup with all this sunderer drama?
    Oh they blow you up.. big deal lol. I see you're upset, but to ask for account suspension?????? Grow up already
    I'm already used to getting ran over by noob sunderer drivers - now that's a problem. First few times it happens you wana shoot em in the face.
    Later you realize it's not something that can be avoided. For example when you spawn new vehicle it goes off the spawn spot with some initial speed - if there's anyone at the spot or in front of it = bye bye soldier. And it still counts as a team kill, WTF?

Or another example - enemy in the building, you throw grenade and at same moment few guys decide to spring into that door..
    Or just when you're firing and then some friendly *** covers your whole screen - the guy decided to go in front of my firing weapon to get a better shot at the enemy? Don't you guys have a brain or smth? You run into direct line of fire of MAX spewing death on the enemy then complain "why you killed me" - are you that stupid? Mindless zerg is so mindless, maybe it deserves to die. It happens all the time.

While team killing is frowned upon, it's part of the game mechanic called friendly fire, you have to be completely ******** to ask for account suspension or bans for people who kill others either by accident or not, but it's called friendly fire. You should ask to remove this mechanic instead and I highly doubt anyone will listen. So get over it.
  3. Tamas

Team destroying a deployed sundie , should be insta 30 min weapon lock.
    • Up x 1
  4. DerpyHooves

Darn you should hop in mine, i rarely use the AMS ability because of all the crappy sundy spam but i do bus the guys who get left behind by the exp ****** to their next destination.
  5. Liquid23

I like to pull my Sunder up outside a base and wait till someone spams he needs a ride and then when he's almost close enough to get in I drive off
  6. Warna Bayangan

So basically we all agree about the fact that it's the exp drive that creates sunderer team-kill, in an "unacceptable" way.
    Remove exp from sunderer spawn = problem solved.
    People will keep blowing up sunderers if they block the whole area, due to the spawn buble but they will obviously not blow you up because they are greedy about exp... since there won't be any left to farm.
  7. I'm behind you

Only really stupid players will TK a Sundy just for the XP bonus. It's pitiful, not even worth the time it'd take you to do it. The majority of the time it's because the Sundy is in a terrible tactical location and needs removing so a more useful Sundy can be set up.

Uh except currently people CAN and DO TK sundies. And yet I've never seen a shortage of them. You say this like this behaviour is new, it isn't. If what you're predicting was to come to pass it would have done so already.

Yes, and No. Remember that a lot of players on PS2 are new and inexperienced. They don't know that the Sunderer that looks like it's in the bio lab on the map is actually at the base of it and the nearest way up is a long walk. It's not always obvious what a bad position is just by looking at the map. So if a Sundy driver parks at the base of a Bio Lab he's misleading most of his factions cannon fodder valuable players away from the fight. Redeploying wastes time, and keeps people away from the fight for longer allowing the defenders/attackers valuable time to push forward.

And also it's hard to bring a Sunderer somewhere useful if someone is blocking the area where you need it.

No, if someone is screwing the team over with a stupidly placed Sunderer it's absolutely justifiable to destroy it. BAD Sunderer drivers ruin the game just as much as people that TK them for no reason. Ever been to an AMP station? Not being able to place a Sunderer inside the central building can seriously hinder the attackers. Why? If the defenders bring the shields back online then they can clear out the attackers from the capture point quite easily because the attackers have no way of getting any reinforcements.

That's just ONE example, and I'd like to see you even try and argue with it.

Also removing EXP bonus from Sunderers is probably what would actually cause a shortage of Sunderers, as there'd be less incentive to use them.
  8. wolfva

Wrong. First come first served is an ancient saying meaning who ever is there first gets the spot.
  9. AtomicGerman

You don't need to take me literally, but okay.
  10. multifactionserver

thats because youre a f cking *********
  11. Liquid23

so?

hey just think now I can even honk my horn as I drive off to let you know I did indeed see you and am driving off anyway !!!!
  12. garin

I just blew up a friendly Sunderer for the first time.

Somehow they'd managed to deploy it inside the shields of an enemy Bio Lab. The defense was fierce and we weren't even remotely close to blowing the shield, which means that everyone who spawned at that Sunderer was trapped inside the shield and no longer able to contribute to the fight. After falling prey to it myself, I asked for the Sunderer to be undeployed. There was no response, so I dropped my tank mines underneath it and shot them. Problem solved.

No regrets at all about it, and I'm glad it was possible.
  13. Tuco

I wish I had a cloaked AMS, I'd park it far away on a ridge somewhere so I can snipe or AV in peace. But oh well. Only thing sunderers are good for is spamming them in zerg attacks. It's impossible to place one on a flank, or use it for defense, enemy air will see it.
  14. idclev50

If a Sundy driver stopped to pick me up or waited for me, I would help that person by spawning on their Sundy (giving him the xp) and protecting it.
  15. ElementalFiend

I TK'd a sunderer once just a few days ago. The guy came up behind me and pushed my lightning directly over a hill and into enemy fire because he apparently wanted to deploy where I was shelling the enemy from. I jumped out as my lightning blew up, went and equpped as a heavy at his sunderer, then blew the **** out of him and his van. No weapons lock for me because I'm pretty careful and never TK unless provoked.

Two seconds later someone else deployed their sunderer a few feet away.

This was a valid TK in my opinion, so I'm completely against Tking a sundy being removed.
  16. Kommissar Klose

1000 times this.

Its important to repeat this, but the reason so many of us are arguing for logical points in time when a sunderer should be TK'd are not claiming that all instances when a sunderer is TK'd is due to such reasons. In fact sure, I expect 90% of the time it is indeed due to either XP desires, or even possibly enemy infiltration. The "legitimate" destruction of sunderers that are placed by incompetent drivers is quite rare I imagine. That said, the quoted example is a perfect reason as to why it must be possible. And you shouldn't be so angry at people who do it.

A smart enemy would use the presence of such a sunderer to their advantage, and opt to leave it where it is, knowing that as long as it exists there, the change a dead enemy will foolishly spawn there is high.

Yes, it stinks. But do we call a surgeon a madman for taking a scalpel to the flesh of their patient? Do we call the fireman a madman for taking an axe to a door? Sometimes things must be destroyed to bring about success.

As others have pointed out, what the system could really use is some means of forcibly ejecting a sunderer from its deployed state. Either through a vote, negative rating system, or something.
  17. beefrobo

To OP,

I've never ever had any teammates destroy my sunderer and I use them almost exclusively. Clearly you were parked somewhere blocking someone or in a stupid place like under a biolab where you can't actually get up into it, you have to run to the bases around it and use a teleporter. Why people park spawn points in all the wrong places is beyond me.

As for someone blowing up your stuff, well if it's one specific person, then ya they deserve to be reported, I agree, but don't get angry at them, your reaction makes them want to do it more. And if they are blowing up your Sunderer as well as killing others, they'll eventually get weapon locked, so who cares?

But, next time your deploying a sunderer think of how your teammates have to get up to their objective. Biolabs, you park at the outside bases or under the elevators leading to the airpads. Tech Plants you park usually around the back door, blocking enemy spawn from getting into the tech plant. Amp station, you can either park outside and wait for someone to drop shields or drive through the smaller exit and over the mess of obsticals.

Continuing with suggestions: For towers you park inside the tower between the two vehicle spawns. Make sure you're not on the spawns as anyone spawning a vehicle will destroy your Sunderer. Finally, any other outside bases, you should be parked as close to an objective as you can and under any trees/buildings/shelter you can find.
    • Up x 1
  18. Warna Bayangan

Thanks for proving my point. Basically means "I was here first, I got more rights than you to stay here" don't know what is not selfish about that statement...(correct me if I'm wrong about that understanding)
    Either way, that mentality and way of thinking only exist, in this case, cause there is an exp candy reward for who behaves like the one guy that go thru the whole line of people waiting without a thought for those coming after him.
    There would be plenty of nothing, he would not behave like his needs are more important than others because he would have no "need". AND the people TKing would not feel like they need the same stuff as he does. (we say one stone two hits here... dunno the equivalent expression elswhere)

Oh erh an eye for an eye, ring any bells? :) ( we could go on like that all day long about stuff that has no place in modern society :3)

As long as "First come first served" is in place then "An eye for an eye" should be accepted...deal?^_^
  19. Warna Bayangan

I know it sounds lame but Camo help a lot for that...park it in odd places (like the top of a cliff behind rocks) and use camo. Oh and switch off the lights... don't know if they show at far distances but just to be sure.... did a 3 hours sniping run like that with heavy air in the area at that time.(Air was not on the whole 3 hours though)
    I use the AMS to resupply myself with ammo when a friendly engy isn't around...+ my friends can spawn on me at any moment if I tell them to :)
  20. Liquid23

ya well my rocket launcher disagrees.... ;)