[Suggestion] Engineer should be able to to disable tank mines

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Wolfe145, May 21, 2015.

1. Wolfe145

This is just a suggestion but I would be nice to see it happen. The mines wouldn't be sooooooooo annoying.

Tell me what you think.
  2. qiray12

They can rank 6 repair tool can remove tank mines.

They should add c4 in the list.
    • Up x 4
  3. JobiWan

Yes, it's a little known fact for newer players because it's not publicised, but with max rank repair tool you can. I agree it should work on other explosives too.
  4. thebigbortishbort

it only works on tank mines , not on c4 or prox mines for obvious reasons though i do wish this could be done , it is amazingly valuable against rushing tank mine toting engies.
  5. Wolfe145

Oh I didn't know that
  6. AlterEgo

Yeah, man. But like everybody else said, it doesn't work on AI mines or C4. Naming the thread as Enginners should disable ALL deployable explosives would've been better. It just seems right, seeing an Engineer crouch down next to an AI mine to disable it.
    • Up x 2
  7. qiray12

Ye its not mentioned in the discription i saw a enemy remove my tank mine and i was like wuuuuut.

I tried in pts and its only doable on enemy tank mines with rank 6 tool only.

They should add this to more explosives and on rank 5 tool aswell and update the discription :p
  8. Wolfe145

Yeah but AI mines explode when someone enters the proximity it blows the top
  9. Lucidius134

rep tools should always have the same functionality at level 1 as it does level 6. Level 6 should just be faster/more efficient.

It's unintuitive. Especially with the cert menu being removed.
    • Up x 3
  10. InvolvedSpark

Maybe disarming a mine, then rearming it to detonate when there's a nearby enemy. Much like hacking a terminal or turret. Just a neat little thought I had.
    • Up x 4
  11. Tankopotomus

This. "Re-wiring" enemy mines that you encounter and take the time to address instead of just blowing it up would be a neat little add-on for eng capabilities.

-Tanko
    • Up x 2
  12. InvolvedSpark

Yeah. I had the idea the other day on Indar. It was in the south, on those two bridges. I was driving a Sunderer, and had to stop to shoot some tank mines. Then it hit me. What if we could reprogram these as another line of defense? They placed them, and therefore won't expect it.
  13. Keidranex

This should only be doable by the Infiltrator, as hacking/rewiring is his/her job.
    • Up x 2
  14. fogartyfreaks

Maybe the mines would be rehacked, but only last for 10 min or so, and dissapear if you changed classes, maybe even blow up when you changed, so it would damage anything around it
  15. Juunro

If anything, EMP grenades should be able to switch off all types of explosives for a short time, and be spread between Engineers and Infils.
  16. FeralBoy

+1

I sometimes wish I could disable/remove my own tank mines with my repair tool when their placement does not quite fit my OCD-like eccentricities but that would only open the door for fellow Engies to disable all your stuff to place theirs, which does happen on occasion already lol.
    • Up x 1
  17. chuck105

True. But there's plenty in this game like that. Stealth sundies for instance.
  18. LaughingDead

IMO, deconstruct should give you the mine you just disarmed so you can throw it somewhere else. It's clear that you can add more things to your items bar with the construction tools and objects and engies should be able to take anti infantry mines as well, punishing bad placement.
  19. Moz

I had kinda a similar idea after the construction update.

You now use your "q" key to get a radial menu on your turret and building etc. This is an extension of an existing function.

I like this function and think it could be extended more.

So with to extend on your idea, i would make interacting with tank mines have a radial menu. You hold "q" and it would give you the option to "disarm" or "re-wire". The first being obvious and the second would allow you to change the enemy mines to your faction for some surprise bsecs!! You would need max rank tool ofc.
    You would also be able to do a "quick disarm" the same way you do now for saving peeps!
  20. NubCannon

I dont think it is max rank required, my engineer doesn't have max rank and can disarm mines.

i dont think adding C4 to the list of things they can disarm is necessary, as c4 cant be detonated after a player dies, unless a medic revives them, however in most places where a medic is close enough to revive, c4 isnt used, and if it is, its detonated much faster than anything would be able to disarm it.

however proxy mines should be able to be disarmed, however its not that big of a deal. i just use my crossbow with explosive bolts to blow them up