Engie combo set for start at Ps4...

Discussion in 'Engineer' started by Ximi, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Ximi

Hi,i thought to start to play at Ps4 version on Christmas,time that i can have the console and ive created this account for the moment.

My idea is build weapons for whatever class i pick at start,first comes the Infiltrator,next the LA,next the HA,now Engie...im making a mess.

But there it goes my actual idea for the Engie (and hope the last):

NS Baron shotgun with all upgrades for rock at cqc,Blackhand pistol with x4 scope and darklight for counter hidden enemy stalker and rock on long distances combat and Spitfire as utility (im not a lover of AI or AV turret)

Paired with the char upgrades with the firsts 1500 certs like adv.shield capacitor,repair pistol at maximum,AI mines and ammo pack upgrade utility its gonna be a good choice for have a certs fabric class for all around situations.

So what do u think????? Please no trolling,im not trolling instead that apparently the contrary and i know that im tiring person,so i comprend any trolling attack xD
  2. LimaCharlie

Cqc:
    Any close range high rate of fire carbine. Lynx is awesome and or trac 5 burst for medium ranges.
    Pistol: underboss with black light or hunter with motion detection /w black light
    Utility pouch for claymores (tank mines too for anti max). (Large Cqc battles use grenade bandoleer and frag grenades.)
    Grenade: sticky
    Turret: spit fire or anti infantry

Anti armor (anytime I'm not Cqc):
    Medium range weapon any 750 rpm carbines can do but amc and Ns are good too. Trac5 burst is awesome for this too.
    Pistol: (same) underboss or hunter
    Utility pouch for anti tank mines
    Grenade: sticky
    Turret: anti vehicle turret or spit fire (for those guys who like to sneak up behind you).

There are many different load-outs all depending on your play style and or what you are doing I.e. Following a max, defending or attacking A point, generators, and deployed sundees, and during vehicle combat ect...

But just like the medic, the engineer is a support role.
  3. Eternaloptimist

My only suggestion is that the Blackhand is a good, long range assasin pistol but mag size and rate of fire are not that great for CQC (unless you are seriously accurate and quick on the draw) so not sure the combo with darklight would be much help. 4x scope is pretty poor for ADS at close range as well. Having a long range secondary to back up a short range primary is a pretty good idea though.

Other than that, I personally like AI mines more than tank mines as I like to find sneaky places to lay them down around buildings and suchlike so yeah.......and the first thing I did was max out my ammo pack. The cert gain from resupply is enormous, even compared to repairing, as max rank ammo pack gets preference for resupply when there are others on the ground (as well as lasting longer).

Personlly, I run with AV mana turret rather than Spitfire. It gibs infantry at long range as well as armour (cheesy but, meh, that's war baby) and hitting a hovering esf with a guidable Decimator level rocket is.........satisfying. If I'm going to be in one place for any length of time I use carefully placed AI mines to guard my back rather than relying on the Spit to tell me they are approaching.Even if they don't kill an ambusher he usually has to blow them up by shooting before he can get past them and that sends a nice loud warning.

Myself, I run Nano armour if I am up near the front repairing Maxes etc as I've not yet learned to avoid getting shot rather badly. I run Flak when under long range bombardment from tank spam (like when I'm resupplying and repairing on those platforms at the tops of Towers. But I've not tried ASC so I couldn't comment. I guess a quick shield recharge is good if you are able to avoid getting shot too badly in theh first place. Also, I run regen implant for heals after taking damage that I have managed to survive.

My personal choice for a primary weapon is a carbine. But I jsut like carbines and I know shotty is popular with quite a few engineers. Totally a case of personal choice and I hear that the Baron is good at longer ranges than most shottys.

I hope this helps and that you enjoy playing engineer - it is my all-time favourite class to play.
    • Up x 1
  4. Ximi

Thanks,i prefer Spitfire rather than AV or AI turret caused im not an user of those last two,so placing an automated turret that do things for me is a good choice. I will spend 30 euros for build weapons and Spitfire,i mean the NS Baron with x2 scope,extended magazine,Blackhand with x4 scope and laser sight or darklight,this last one i thought that is useful for find hidden stalkers.

And thats the way i will go at Ps4,hopefully i do same work or better as PC version :)