Enemy friends

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by andy_m, Oct 11, 2014.

1. andy_m

I know that we don't have to remain in Faction when it comes to friends. I suppose that it is because I only play NC that my friends are therefore NC.

Then not so long ago patryk, from this forum, added me as a friend, which was my first VS character.

Then yesterday a very strange thing happened.

I was in a Biolab. It was just for convenience really and I was getting some ammo for my MAX.

I heard an enemy infil cloaking/uncloaking and I then spotted him walking around the outer rim of the Biolab.

I spotted him, although I don't know why... Not as if I could do anything about him. He spotted me too. We just stood there for half a minute looking at each other through the shield.

Then I thought, I know, I'll go out onto the rim and see if he's still there.

He was. He was cloaked and I could see him clearly. I could have killed him outright but for some reason I didn't. I just looked at him. I then walked away and went back to the platform. He followed me and uncloaked. Neither of us exchanged any shots.

Then an ally came from the adjacent base via the jump pad. I walked between him and the cloaker. He could have taken the cloaker on but he didn't, and the cloaker didn't attack the other NC guy. We all just stood there looking at each other, spotting and walking around each other.

Eventually we just went our separate ways.

Not much longer after that I got a friend request from the cloaker and I accepted.

Really weird. It actually felt quite strange. I normally kill anyone on sight, regardless of how cheesy it may feel using my MAX suit.
    • Up x 12
  2. Sir.Rip Yo Fezz Off

I remember back when i mained NC, i went AFK as a MAX because someone was at the door. When i came back, a VS LA was standing before me, jumping. So i joined him, so did some teammates. This was in the middle of a massive offensive too
    • Up x 10
  3. DFDelta

About a year ago I was playing my NC toon in a biolab farmfest NC/TR with some VS (5% hex pop or so) running around, too.

I was sitting on the topmost area you can only get to as light assault, the one directly under the shield which is now unaccessible since they "fixed" liberators sticking their tail into the dome by putting invisible walls everywhere.
    After a few minutes of dispensing headshots to confused TRs a VS light assault killed me from behind and took my spot.
    I got up there and took my revenge, then returned to killing TR.
    She came up again and killed me... and so on and so on... we killed each other a dozen or so times, just for the privilege of sniping a few TR until the other came up there and killed you.

At one point we started joking and swapping LA talk in /tell until we both got fed up with respawning and declared a truce.
    After that we spent half an hour both sitting up there and killing clueless TR, while keeping score in /tell.

It was pretty hilarious, but I don't think she is still around. Have not seen that character in ages.

(I keep saying she because the toon was female, I have no idea what the player was :p )
    • Up x 6
  4. Ol' Brownfists

I'm OlBrownfists and this is my favourite thread on the forum.
    • Up x 5
  5. Smokki

I was playing AA MAX and as we pushed enemy away from Scarred Mesa Skydock I was lagging behind our main force walking along the bridge towards Regent Rock Garrison. I spotted enemy stalker infiltrator who cloaked and tried to stay still. I could have easily killed him, but I just went next to him and used all kinds of voice commands. We exchanged few voice commands and then I left to catch up with the rest of friendlies.

Another time I spotted enemy infiltrator while I was driving lightning. He tried to hide behind some rocks but I just drove around him asking for a medic. Eventually he came out from hiding, jumped on top of my lightning and said "sorry". I let him go too.

On Heyoka Chemical Lab I once had this nice hide and seek gameplay going on with a Vanu stalker infiltrator while our main forces were fighting between Heyoka Chemical Lab and Chimney Rock Depot. He came back there to hack the bridges over and over again. As I saw the bridges getting hacked all the time, I went as a stalker infiltrator myself next to the bridge control house and killed him few times while he came back to hack the bridge. Then he hacked the vehicle console few times and other bridge controls few times and we were basicly hunting down each other for some time.
    • Up x 2
  6. Maddens

It was quite a late night, and i was just randomly wandering around in my AP lightning.
    Saw TR galaxy hovering over ally base started shooting, and i almost got him; tho he managed to run away for repairs. A minute later he came back, so i engaged.
    It was on Esamir, I was hiding below the bridge as the galaxy was bulldoggin' me (op bulldog times). Eventually i ran out of ammo.

Saw in the yell box: "get away lightning, you done?" - as he saw me retreating to the ammo tower.
    I answered: "out of ammo :)" and a second later i see this very galaxy landing 20 meters in front of me. Enemy engineer steps out and throws me an ammo pack :)
    Since then it was all about the fun, neither was shooting each other we stand there like old friends spamming voice commands ;P. After a while galaxy retreated and i went for my ammunition and headed different direction.
    Obviousely i got an enemy friend request :) Moments like these makes Planetside 2 absolutely special and makes me fall in love with this game even more.
    • Up x 7
  7. Goretzu

It's not so much the case in PS2 (because of the large numbers and endless F2P trialers), but certainly in a lot of PvP MMOs you do end up with "enemies" you like and/or respect and don't kill.

In a lot of PvP MMOs it has been a point of honour not to gank newbies too (again, not really PS2).
    • Up x 1
  8. breeje

u all need to report to your commander were u will be brainwashed
    if u do not comply u will be arrested and executed by a firing squad :D
    • Up x 1
  9. Killshoot1

I hat the same expierience yesterday I was in a lightning with my TR character and there was a lonely vs with shot me with the candy pistole
    It was very funny , I somehow did not killed him later he came back as a max , but did not shoot , I shoot him once in the head but somehow
    Refused to kill him , it was strange but funny so we went our ways afterwards
    By the way , can somebody tell me please how to send messages to players without going to the menus, thanks
    • Up x 1
  10. Pokebreaker

This reminds me of the scene in Saving Private Ryan. The "F*ck Hitler, I love Betty Boop" guy.
    • Up x 1
  11. InoxGecko

I don't know why, but I got all sentimental, that was a beautiful story OP
    • Up x 1
  12. t31os

I don't find any enemy friends, noone seems to like TR soldiers.

Met some solid guys that i've exchanged kills with, but yet to find a player that won't shoot at me(even if i don't shoot back, purposely avoid them or jump around like a ***).

Maybe it's the char name, peeps seem to love it(and confuse me with Kleenex a bit), but i've yet to find an enemy who won't shoot at me.... *insert sad face here*..

... i'm sure the flaming skull mask doesn't help right now ... (lolz) ...it's like a big *shot me* sign.
    • Up x 1
  13. Predator01cz

hold Q on them.. a quick menu will pop up with the option to add friend and send message
    If the target is an ally additionally squad invite and request/offer ammo/healing in case of engies/medics will pop up
    • Up x 2
  14. Tona

I ran into an NC engineer at one of the techplants TR owned. I was playing inf and had seen him and decided to shoot only to find out that after I hit him all he wanted to do was surf on a Prowler. He didn't fire back even after I revealed myself. I decided not to shoot again and ran up to the guy and just spammed Sorry. I went on my separate way.
    • Up x 1
  15. Lethal_Sting

Had this enemy cloaker hiding in a biolab and we played that "hotter/colder" game. :D
    • Up x 2
  16. NCagent00kevin

I was messing around on pre-revamp Esamir a while back and got into a few good battles with a VS guy. After a while we just hung out in the base chatting. Then more VS showed up to cap it, and I asked it they were his friends. He said no, so I went about killing them and blowing up their Sunderer. It was pretty funny because he hung out with me but didnt stop me from doing anything - just observed. Eventually too many showed up for me to keep dealing with so we went out separate ways. Added to friends list though.

I also made a friend as NC against another VS guy who was playing a pretty tough to beat Infiltrator. We chatted a bit and have toons on a couple factions so we friended up and once in a while squad up if we are on the same faction. He showed me the new jumping mechanics after the update and some cool stuff you can do with it around different bases.

Then I have quite a few 'archenemies' that we have added to each others lists. We dont go all pacifist when we see each other but usually have a laugh or two when we get into it.

Oddly enough, most of them are VS, despite the excessive trash talking of the faction as a whole on Emerald - though all of them were gained on Jaeger and Waterson.
    • Up x 1
  17. OminousZ

Dude, I **** my pants reading this post. This is one of the best threads i have read in a long time.
    • Up x 2
  18. Rikkit

i was sneaking around in the mountains of esamir,
    clearing them from ennemy snipers and other things.
    During this i killed one ennemy multiple times.
    We started to chat to each other, i shared some tipps, to improve, and finaly i asked for Ammunition.
    (i was running pretty low on motion spotters and my pistol was also almost empty)
    He agree to that, so i sneaked to his sunderer, and he dropped some ammo for me, after that, we continued our cat and mouse game.
    • Up x 1
  19. PKSpark

It was the reverse for us, we had a teamkiller in our VS squad, we kicked him till he switched to NC!
    • Up x 1
  20. Pirbi

Opponents are easier to get to know than your faction outside of your own outfit because that's who you actually fight day to day. Plus they have all the same stories. I was invited to a TR teamspeak before the merge. Exchanging war stories. Their faction coms get as obnoxious, the trolls they deal with as an outfit, etc. They don't brush their teeth and they eat babies. But other than that, just like NC. :eek:
    • Up x 1