[Suggestion] Enemies shouldn't be able to see how many people are in a vehicle

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Slyguy65, Jan 29, 2013.

1. ArrowRL201

It also gives some information as to the nature of an approaching threat. Tanks are easy to identify, even if you don't see enough of the tank to properly make the identification, by spotting them and seeing the number of slots. Two is an MBT. Twelve is a Sunderer. Etc.
    • Up x 1
  2. ent|ty

1. Most people don't notice the number above the vehicle.
    2. If no number, then there would be too many 'decoy' galaxies, libs and sunderers about. Yeah, no ruse.. but think about it. The ruse works pretty good on most right now, only the observant will notice "Oh thats 1/3 lib no need to worry so much", etc
  3. Takoita

Weren't there range finders and map coordinated among that? Why we don't see that in the game?
  4. Undeadfred

I know that at the very least [Goon] would make good use of that change. They often fly with a few Decoy Gals. I assume to make their force look bigger, or to absorb damage for the real troop carriers. Either way once they get whiten firing range it's easy to spot which ones are priority, and which ones are just filler.
  5. Bindlestiff

*locks Sundy and drives to nearest base in large convoy*
  6. Zer0range

Intel.
  7. D-Spirith

I should agree and i will. We should not see the crew of any vehicle.
    OR atleast add some sort of an implant that gives you an ability to see the crew.
  8. Hellspawn

Of course we can tell how people are in the vehicle. I SEEEEEE YOUUUUUUUUUU THROUGH THE WINDOWWWWWWWW!!! ARF ARF ARF!
  9. quicKsanD

I actually agree this should be removed and be an ability for infiltrators. Some sort of scanning etc.
    • Up x 1
  10. Mistrust

Vehicle occupancy intel would make a good perk for infiltrators and/or for holding the new Interlink facilities when they are added.
    • Up x 1
  11. b0nsa1

Great idea!
    • Up x 1
  12. InsaneLinguist

Yeah, it really takes out any strategy element from having multiple transport vehicles other than "backup in case the first one gets blown up". If there is no way to get rid of the counter, they should make it VISIBLE ONLY FOR FRIENDLIES.
    • Up x 1
  13. Slyguy65

There is no "intel" maybe they can actually add that to the satellite stations they are making...since they have no idea what it will be.

But right now, it makes no sense how everyone knows how many people are in a transport
  14. Esraem

I bet the reason it is there is they have no way of turning it off without not allowing you to see how many are in your factions vehicle. Someone prob didnt take the time to code it differently.
  15. Posse

I support the idea, it makes no sense to know how many enemies are in the vehicles .
    • Up x 1
  16. Gavyne

I approve, this is silly and should be removed. Someone had a good idea above giving this something Infiltrators can spot. It'll give them a support role for them to "mark" vehicle intel so to speak so others can see the details.
    • Up x 1
  17. Slyguy65

I have to say this is the first thread ever where i have actually seen such unanimous agreement.

There have been others but extremely rare.
  18. ArmedGoose

+1.

And if an infiltrator directly hits an enemy sundy/galaxy (in fact every vehicle with more than one seat) with his recon darts the passenger list should be revealed for everyone. Think of it as planting a spy bug to look inside or something.