Enemies Appear Out of Thin Air - Connery, Central Indar, Mar 2 2013

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Neurotoxin, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Neurotoxin

I have been experiencing a peculiar and gameplay-inhibiting bug, where players in a dense fight don't immediately appear for me, even if they are able to hit me.

At least twice I was killed in an empty room from a direction where no shots could possibly be coming, once by a pump-action shotgun and the other by a SMG. There is no possible way, under normal conditions, for them to have been able to ambush my blindside like that. One of these cases wasn't even in a dense battle.

In a large battle in central Indar (not The Crown's hex region though), I positioned myself behind a rock near a building to fire on enemies, but they would phase into existence 3 to 5 at a time right before getting past the edge of the building I was covering. They would only become visible around 25 meters distance, and appeared on the screen with the same uniform fade-in out of thin air.

I understand that there is still fine-tuning going on to attempt to draw the most relevant threats to a player, and my guess is that these issues I've been experiencing are a part of it.

Win 7 Ult 64bit, Play from Launchpad (not Steam), 18mb/s AT&T Uverse Internet, and the same hardware I've always had (just a step above min spec) that never had these issues in the past.

If I continue to experience issues along these lines, and generate footage to display the issue, I'll be sure to report back here with more details.