Empire specific sniper rifles - stats and balance

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by ISKNausicaa, Feb 1, 2014.

1. ISKNausicaa

TR: fully automatic, medium damage, long-range rifle with accurate burst firemode
    NC: Gauss powered railgun which can switch between firing a single high damage projectile or multiple mini-flechettes on the fly.
    VS: semi-automatic sniper rifle with a charged shot doing bolt action damage. This weapons uses heat displacement mechanics instead of standard ammo

So these are the mechanics we have been presented with, now I know some people do not like some of the mechanics but this is not what this is this thread is about, what I'm proposing is we suggest what stats these rifles would have and how they would sit alongside the older rifles without superseding them.

For instance: vs rifle, uses turret heat mechanic for ammo
    Uncharged: 3 shot kill to the head, 650 ms projectile speed, no drop, single shot fills up 1/6th of the heat bar, very quiet hard to see projectile.
    Charged:1 second charge, 1 shot kill to the head, no drop, 800ms projectile speed, shot fills up just under 1/2 of the heat bar, highly visible beam (aka like the lancer), loud.

Why this would sit alongside the other vs rifles and not supersede them:
    While it has the capacity to OHK it has less shots, is more visible and requires the player to handle the charge, the semi auto damage is lower than that of current requiring 3 hits to kill rather than 2.
  2. ISKNausicaa

So people what are your suggestions/stats for the rifles?
  3. cruczi

4. BloodyPuma

3 shots to kill to the head?
    You realize that we got Cerberus [medium weapon]. That can kill in 2 OHK [infil] or 3 [non-infil], max 5 on total range +noninfil? Without bullet drop and sway? Even manticore can do nearly the same. And it can be damn fast weapon.

Counting that its 6 body shots on a naked dude. And 9+ on Nano5.
    Thats a big problem with this numbers.

I get your point - it cant be good as other semi-autos or this weapon will be a upgrade [bolt to the head avaible] rendering all semi-autos useless. Problem is - making it worse by adding one needed OHK - renders this weapon worse then a pistol :)
  5. ISKNausicaa

That depends entirely on the ranges we are using it at, cerberus only 2 hit kills within 10 m (7 if silenced) weas the semicould do 3 shot up to render.
    If the semi mode was much quieter combined with the proposed projectile speed (650m/s matching the teir 3 BASRs, the current ranged semis are at 500m/s) i cant see it not be a viable alternative (btw pistols projectile speed ranges from 300-450m/s).

At the end of the day we cant look at either fire mode of these rifles in isolation, the VS one in particular because it uses heat as opposed to ammo and the fact that after a single charged shot that hits the body we it could then follow it up with several quick semi shots to finish off the target.