Emerald Wins SS again vs Miller.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Shanther, Oct 12, 2014.

1. Schwak

Its funny that anyone thinks they have a chance against the most MLG server there is. :^)
  2. Draczar

If that's what makes you happy then sure, you're the very best, like no one ever was. You also get this commemorative cookie and a pat on the back.
  3. Archiadus

Has anyone got a list of all the previous server smashes? It seems that TR is the least wanted faction from the matches that I've seen so far, I wonder why. :eek:
  4. Champagon

5. Hatesphere

6. pnkdth

PPA and scatMAX. The rest of the Server Smash is grenade spam, and getting vehicles into weird places.

EDIT: I didn't play, and have no intention of doing so. I also think it is better to play on US servers since EU servers are unstable for even EU players.
  7. Shanther

The former isn't even close to true.
  8. pnkdth

3/4 ain't bad. I suspect you'd add VS HA to the mix.
  9. Shanther

What?
  10. Solidpew

Honestly, the faction doesn't matter. I'd be down for Emerald getting to play TR if we get to the championship. I'd love to use an MSW-R or TORQ-9 if I played, and I'm a proponent of the 'faction doesn't matter, players do' idea.

When it comes to SS, organization + leadership + teamwork are what matters; to say any empire is incapable of competing is reflective of the players, not the faction.

(Then there's the Mattherson vs. Waterson Merger Smash, VS vs. TR, possibly the most insane of all the smashes)
  11. Archiadus

It's not a "this faction is bad" thing, it's just that it seems that most of them are VS vs NC that's all.
  12. ATRA_Wampa-One

I think Emerald winning the finals by using TR would put to rest the notion that somehow one faction is better than another since we already proved that VS isn't OP two days ago.

Also, is VCO team 1 or team 2? I know we have two teams so that we don't stack outfits and to make sure everyone that wants to can play.
  13. RedBlack

Well then Emerald, should play TR next match :)
  14. Yuukikun

1- this is a client side lag compensation system --> latency from one player to the other is the same for both no matter where the host server is located

2- Should the chinese not be allowed to play in the olympics because they have by far the biggest demography of the world?

3- Being able and making efforts to understand eachother as part of a team is part of the skills required. If you can't do this, it means you're inferior. Also, English is the most popular language worldwide.
  15. Solidpew

Gotcha. I've been seeing recent posts/threads advocating that the lack of TR on Server Smash indicates the TR suck, so my mistake. I have no idea how the factions are picked out, unfortunately.

I'm quoting many when I say teamwork is OP.

VCO is team 1. We were at Sungrey while you guys handled the south. I think we had 23~ people in total participate because there were similar issues of having to substitute in players for our platoons.
  16. ATRA_Wampa-One

Beautiful work on that base by the way... we were responsible for the AFC cap since we never let them get B back.

[IMG]

2 squads with just beacons and revive grenades or a long run from a sunderer vs 3 squads with spawn room advantage.
    • Up x 1
  17. Xasapis

Just quoting this, because it is not true. In fact, English is not even the second most popular language in the world.
  18. Benwah

19. Shanther

20. Regpuppy

Did Waterson really "lose" either? I know Waterson had a draw against Connery before the merge, but that's the closest thing to a loss that I know of.