Emerald VS, and the lack of fights.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vertabrae, Sep 28, 2014.

1. DQCraze

Notice how the NC and TR players say they FIGHT each other whereas the VS say FARM. Interesting, they acknowledge their 3 platform farm tool the PPA. Here is my experience vs the VS. TR drop 2 squads on base VS bring 2 platoons. Everyone likes the 24 vs 24 fights but the VS ends up dropping more players on it because they have more pop and want good fights. This makes our sunders open to so many attacks we cant protect them and the fight ends.
  2. z1967

One of these things is not like the other...
    • Up x 2
  3. Stormsinger

As a TR / VS on Emerald...

My TR loves the PPA spam. I just hop in my AV prowler, lockdown on a distant hill, and blow the tunnel-visioning mags a few new structurally superfluous exhaust ports. Given that they have to angle waaaay down to fire from atop those hills, they usually don't have the reverse thrust necessary to get out of the line of fire before my AP spam turns them to slag.

As a VS, the PPA was toned waaaaay down. Aiming is actually necessary now (Not a bad thing) Else you spend a third of your time reloading your PPA. At range, I prefer the kobalt due to projectile speed - I find it easier to hit with, especially when attempting to line up shots near jump pads.

I find plenty of fights, although more often then not, it's zerg vs zerg. Emerald VS come in two flavors - Zerg, and coordinated strike platoons, usually sending it's squads to different bases every 3-5 minutes as needed. Galaxy drops, sundy positioning, point offense / defense is well coordinated, and all done on voice. Leader chat is used occasionally, mainly to tell the zerg our plans, in the hopes they'll listen and support. Zerg herds are usually effective enough to pin down bases through sheer numbers.

Of the two flavors, my TR experience is almost entirely zerg-herd - the lack of coordination is painfully apparent.
    As far as the Emerald NC is concerned, only the Iron Wolves ever give me any trouble, the rest seem to be as uncoordinated as the TR, or worse. And Alarox / Klypto, but they count as an AV squad by themselves. (Dangit, stop being aware of approaching C4 faeries. Situational awareness OP, please nerf.)

In short, the VS have the best leadership, thus the players stick around for longer, thus we have the (seemingly) most BR100s / skilled outfits / coordination.
    • Up x 2
  4. DQCraze

Ya 5 captures in the top ten, they just run around and farm and are not objective oriented at all because that's where you get killed. Hey lets all stand back and kill people as the come to the control point. Not offensive oriented at all, looks like cheesy lame gameplay to me. But hey im number 1 on the leaderboard...lmao.
  5. soeguud

Vanu are obnoxious opponents indeed - virtually invisible at night with bullets that white out your screen as well as the most versatile MBT in game.
  6. Flag

NERF NC!

That's the obvious conclusion! :D
  7. Axehilt

It's literally only the poor strategic play of NC/TR Emerald that prevents them from regularly beating the VS. If each faction has 33% pop, then obviously 66% pop beats 33% pop if you decide VS need to be smashed. The ideal strategy is to always attack the leader (when everyone does that, whoever the leader is always gets beaten into submission in short order.) The worst strategy is to attack the underdog since it starts with 33% vs. 33% underdog pop and then the VS join and maybe they split their forces so that the TR/NC each face an impossible 33% vs. 50% battle.

If you play bad, you won't win, basically.

Unfortunately they've sucked the meaning out of the territory game so it's hard to convince players of this, even though it has individual advantages too (balanced pop fights are way better for XP than one-sided slaughters, no matter which side of the slaughter you're on.)
  8. Stormsinger

You are removing my quote from context - I am talking about my personal experience with both factions. I stated that i experience ALMOST entirely zerg herds when playing my TR, as in... there's less coordination then when i'm on my VS. Zerg herds do exist on the VS (They are everywhere, I know this. I never claimed otherwise) but I don't play with them as often, as I tend to join more strategically oriented platoons when they are available.

My TR was on Waterson, previously. I'm not sharing that character's name, if you don't believe that I play TR, I suppose that's your choice. I never said that I don't encounter good leadership in the TR, hence my use of the term "almost entirely zerg herd" ... the good leaders are too few, and most players don't seem to be willing to follow directions. I agree that overpopulation is a problem, although this is true when it applies to any faction.

Last night, when I logged my VS on... we had approximately 34%, the TR had ~30 ish - thats enough for imbalance to start becoming a real problem. The platoon I was in was coordinating with 4 other platoons, sending zergs at TR overpopped bases to attract more defenders, then flanking around to be in position to drop generators the moment the cap occurred. The TR flailed in place, while another lattice link was taken, cutting the TR off from major reinforcements. To make a long story short: Strategy happened, it worked, TR didn't react given roughly even population in that region, it was all focused in the wrong spot to counter VS forces redirection around them. Yes, this is just one example, and the TR occasionally do the same.

Please explain how me sharing my own experiences, strategies, and opinions is proving the point of others, I'm not sure what point you believe I'm proving that i didn't specifically state already. Every faction has Zerg herds - all I said is that I tend to experience better / more coordinated use of strategy when playing VS, as opposed to TR.
  9. Enchman

I've been playing my TR a lot lately. VS aren't bad to fight until the PPA spam starts to pile up, then it's time to redeploy or be farmed. Usually at that point we're overrun anyway though.
  10. SpaceButler

Nope, I won't explain anything. I totally red that wrong, like 4 times. I just got off a 13 hour shift so my eyes are like "Durp, you read bad." Sorry Storm for being stupid. :\

Sorry to everyone who lost a few braincells from reading my post, though in my opinion true, does not apply to storms argument.

IF someone is willing to post a picture of me for the sake of luls, go right ahead. I'll laugh with you. :u

Deleting my original post. such stupidity doesn't not need to be seen twice.
    • Up x 1
  11. SpaceButler

12. MorganM

I think that's the point... you are either in a huge zerg vs zerg cluster f$(*& or in a zerg with no resistance watching cap timers count down. Those fun, smaller, somewhat balanced fights are very rare.
  13. Negator

AKA: i like fighting against other like minded bots.
  14. DK22

on chat? hardly ever look at it.
    Someone did /y they coming to get our virgins though.
    Tried to tell them 'we don't have any!'
  15. MorganM

It's kinda weird seeing VS suffer from the over pop problems the TR had for a year. It was flip'n BORING being the over populated faction! Yet the masses don't get it... they keep herding up into massive zergs and complain about how boring the game is.

The under populated VS of 2013 was a blast. I played 56 BRs in that era because I was so fed up with being over popped TR. I'm kinda enjoying TR now =)

Biggest difference is the VS back then had their Higby together. They HAD to be organized, cooperative, and effective to get ANYTHING accomplished. Meanwhile the TR were getting more ******** by the minute because they didn't have to try. We see the results of that now. VS are super effective now that they have numbers; even on continents they have lower pop they can still pull out a win on an alert! TR? No suck luck man. What few good leaders we have can muster up enough players to follow orders and get stuff done. There are a few good examples of some well lead platoons with good soldiers in them but not enough to really be a global threat.

Just listen to TR leader chat for a while. A few good people trying really hard... there's just not enough of them. Meanwhile the undisciplined TR masses are roaming around impotent to deal with a faction they even out-populate on a continent!
  16. Eyeklops

The problem is the VS get all rolled up into one big azz zerg ball during late night. Nobody wants to fight that (trying to get out of the spawn in a 20 vs 80 situation is futile). This has caused a compounding side effect on the NC & TR to naturally gravitate to fighting each other after about 2am, mainly because "history" from the night before said that will be the better fight.

Once they put the anti-zerg resource system in you should see more NC/TR interest in fighting the VS overpop zerg. If the VS insist on balling up, they will have virtually no resource income. Exploded VS tanks & MAXes WILL STAY DEAD for a while (Can you say "GINYU FORCE IS POOR"?).
    • Up x 2
  17. Rovertoo

Just too many things about VS aren't fun. The dark colors at night (not something I'm too terribly mad about) is still an annoying factor, their generally toxic, arrogant attitude, dishonorable play style, etc. They tend to pull nothing but MAXes (seriously! I have NEVER seen a last-ditch TR MAX crash have close to as many MAXes as the standing VS MAX population), abuse weapons to no end, Gal-Drop into fights they don't even have remote lattice connection to (or worse, send 96+ guys to warpgate camp), exploit glitches and terrain without shame, and the sheer entitlement to all of this because of their "terrible pistols" (which I won't argue against, but still).

Tactics-wise they're a pain though. Every base on lattice has 4-5 guys just ghostcapping it, and it's no fun to babysit those fights and they never escalate. When one of these fights does happen to get big enough to sustain, the fair fight gets squelched by a hundred redeploying/Gal-Dropping VS in an instant.

In a way I can sympathize with the Redeploy-centric VS. Always coming into TR vs NC fights, everyone rushing to the only battles they can get, etc. They want to fight too and it's only partially their fault nobody else wants to.
  18. MotionBlured

I try to play on the low pop faction, which usually means TR right now. (Emerald TR/VS and Connery NC). I prefer fighting the NC, since it feels more like a fair fight.
  19. Eyeklops

I stopped reading right there. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  20. Dieter Perras

Speaking from the Connery server and having just played VS last night I can safely say that, well you may be right. When I went on at least I heard many VS complaining about how Indar had turned into a ghost town and my squad had to go to Amerish where the VS was warpgated just to find a good fight. Which we did in the end find and had a lot of fun. so I totally agree with this guys statement.

You don't need to outpop the enemy for it to be a good fight.