Emerald Server Down

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by GunGood, Jan 20, 2016.

1. GunGood

Hey guys, not sure if anyone else has had trouble logging onto Emerald, but currently as of 10:00AM EST (7:00AM PST) the Emerald server on PC is down. I am unable to log onto any of my Emerald characters because on the character selection screen it says "Server Unavailable." I am able to log onto my Connery characters, but my main is on Emerald and I'm not sure if you guys are doing some unscheduled maintenance or something, because there's no news on the forums. Anyone else having this problem?
  2. CaptCran

Yup. It's down... I'm sure there were a lot of players that used Hour XP boost's and that's what caused the server to go down ;) Just kidding DB ;P
  3. Wookuza

Emerald server went down again on 1/24/16 at 3:00am EST (UTC -05:00), was in the middle of a good fight and then boom server goes down.
  4. Baphoma

Yeah , its down.... no notice. just boot. think its time to find a new game to play - i understand technical mishaps happen. but in the past month alone. this is not what i like to waste my money on. downtime.
    • Up x 1
  5. BamaRage

I am thinking the same......
  6. Roy Rogerz

Go vote for Hillary and keep your negative **** to yourself. NO game has 100% uptime and the devs are obviously going to get it back online asap. Without knowing why this happened you just sound entitled by complaining with 0 information about the problem.
  7. Baphoma

Any game that I have played has not offered this much random downtime. No status update. No details as to whats going on. It is not being negative. Unlike sheep - I put my money where my mouth is.

Your reply was pretty negative.

Seeing as DBG has offered 0 information - or status on the situation ( not the first time ) seems to me that I am not sounding entitled. So gg salty bastid
  8. entity009

I do believe you are being a bit unfair with the downtimes salt. Its not that serious. Yes it blows that the server dropped but its not usually down that long at all.
  9. Matthew Torres

There is no downtime Salt. The server goes down randomly, no warning. The server has been down for an hour an a half and there has yet to be an announcement. I'll Agree with the above, and take my money else where.
  10. Roy Rogerz

Then leave - you aren't needed here.
  11. Roy Rogerz

Players like you are like spoiled children - You will quit if something isn't 100% perfect and will let everyone know about your dissatisfaction as if we asked... You'll try to say something that you think sounds clever or even profound but butcher it horribly ruining the point you were trying to make. Players like you will quit @ the drop of a hat. So go - spoiled little brat xD. Calling people sheep for having patience and self control (two very admirable traits) is ridiculous.
  12. Baphoma

Been playing this game through its woe's since it was released. Since they changed to DBG, they stopped putting effort into anything to do with the game. I have been more than patient. No updates ? no reason to play plain and simple. Its people like you who are being an enabler for poor representation for companies. plain and simple. so you keep being a sheeple. and ill go enjoy my time elsewhere. GG.

FYI - You are a sheeple.
  13. entity009

The complaining helps nothing. If you are a subscriber then the whole months downtimes may add up to a whole dollar worth of your sub cost if they refunded it. If you are not a subscriber then you'r losing nothing.

They have patched the game many times since DBG took over. One patch which was super recent raised the cap to 120 and added fire teams. Previously I have seen many balance tweaks and added weaponry. It is totally unfair to say that there have been no patches, in fact, its an outright lie.

Planetside 2 is unlike any other game available. I am just thankful that it is up and reasonably healthy. Think about it....what can you possibly play that offers anything close to this experience?
  14. GotBuds

This server down time just plain sucks. I am a subscriber, but wont go as far as others have been saying time to leave, or waste of money..etc, as i love PS2 and wont play anything but it. With that said however this is total crap, I get that there is never 100% up time on any server, but holy fu*king **** batman, you cant even manage to put out a 1 line notice on the forum letting all us faithful know that you at least acknowledge the problem? Not doing anything to notify us, the ones that keep the game alive makes you rank right between the toilet bowl and the crap that fills it.
    • Up x 1
  15. Baphoma

Exactly what im talking about, i stopped subbing 2 weeks ago since downtime has been a norm with no notification.

Without complaining, what are we to do ? Sit back and do nothing and watch how fast the game gets faded ?
  16. GotBuds

Well, I was going to refrain from complaining today about the server being down and simply just stick with not saying anything was a bit unprofessional for DBG. But now that I see the server has actually been down for several hours tells me this is much more than a simple patch or simple downtime but more of a major crash. In which case either the DBG people are fast asleep at the wheel today or just don't give a rat ******* *** about the game or us.

SOE had it's problems and was no way perfect, but at least they got notifications to players right, as simple as that seems, Douche Bag Games cant seem to master a very simple task that any trained monkey could do.
    • Up x 2
  17. Dyzed

Obama is touring the Vanu bases right now, server is down for security reasons. needs to find a home for Syrian refugees...
    o_O
  18. Baphoma

Yea, same as every other time server downtime has happened. if you had any boosts active - they wont compensate for that time. another fine thing from dbg..... they want money. but being a paid service or paying for services you expect to use what you pay for right ? lol
  19. GotBuds

Not getting the services I pay for pisses me off, then i am forced to say things to people that might offend them, in this case I do mean to Offend ****** Bag Games and if it pisses them off as much as it pisses me off not getting what I paid for or at least compensated for my loss, than pissing them off was a bonus, offending them was just for fun.
  20. GotBuds

Webster Dictionary:
    Day Break Games

Noun: A company of or desire by a group or individual to see at any moment in time how far up another persons *** they can stick their head to see any possible light.

A consolidated effort by many to make simple seem complex and complex seem impossible

Synonyms;
    Dick Heads
    Incompetent
    Foolish

Antonyms:
    Sony
    All Other Game companies
    • Up x 1