EM6 vs NC6S Gauss SAW S

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Adinatore, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Adinatore

Is there a major difference between the two that warrants the 250 extra certs for the EM6?
  2. Epic High Five

SAW S is faster reload, smaller mag, slightly more accurate, slightly slower rater of fire, and has considerably higher velocity.

It also has a much wider pool of attachment options.

EM6 is a tough sell anymore. It's not a bad gun, but the SAW S is honestly probably better and it's CERTainly cheaper hahahaha
    • Up x 1
  3. Psykmoe

The low velocity of the EM6 always kind of annoyed (lowest base velocity of any LMG). The SAW S's 615 m/s are the best you can get on an NC LMG and feels nicer.

Sure, the SAW S fires a bit slower, but 577 rpm is still in a pretty solid spot with guns like the Gauss Rifle S, the GD-22S a lot of people enjoy, and the TR's TMG-50.
  4. Casterbridge

Technically the EM6 holds more ammo and has better DPS (though lower velocity).

Having said that I think I perform better with the Saw S, I think it's a highly underrated weapon, that gets the job done, especially at longer ranged combat. I'm pretty much just switching between the Saw S and the Anchor right now depending on the fights.
  5. Xhaleon

The SAW S was the slightly worse gun before a fairly recent update. Its the more ranged-focused LMG, and is similar to the TMG-50 which is even more tuned for ranged combat.

If you want to take the EM6, you take it for the extended magazines. Neverending boolets, yo.
  6. AssaultPig

I tend to favor the EM6 because I can deal with it's drawbacks when shooting at long range, and it's higher RoF is pretty nice in CQC. It's velocity isn't so bad if you run HV ammo. The SAW S' lower first shot vertical makes it feel 'smoother' for shooting range targets though, and it's high native velocity lets you run soft points if you want. They're pretty similar.

ed: the SAW S has a faster reload, but not so much faster that it's really a big deal imo.
    • Up x 1
  7. KnightCole

Well, buy it and see. I think the EM6 is certainly worth the 730 certs I dropped into it.

Believe me, I asked myself the same question for the longest time. Then I bought the EM6 and in a fraction of the time I got almost Auraxium with the thing. My KD has jumped from like 3.5 to 3.89 since I Used the EM6 and resist shield. Sooo....do I think its worth the 250 xtra certs? yeah...

THe Gauss SAW S has 167dmg, the EM6 has 167 dmg.

THe Gauss SAW S has I think 500 RpM? 571RpM? THe EM6 has 600RpM

THe SAW S has .55 recoil, the EM6 has like .45......

the SAW S is not worth it imo.

THe NC6 Gauss SAW is worth it though, that 200 dmg is very nice. The EM6 is a good upgrade.
  8. Crewell

The EM6 seems to be one of the few LMGs that performs better for me with HVA. Without it the accuracy was all over. With it my COF seems to tighten up. I know this is the reverse of what is supposed to happen, but I think it's mostly do to the increawd velocity not letting the COF get to large until about 100m.
  9. lilleAllan

You can put a 200 round mag on your EM6 which is cool for all sorts of reasons.
    Example: Throw concussion grenade into room - run in with a 200 round mag. Let out a mighty battle roar in prox chat while firing.
  10. KnightCole

EM6, 200 rounds and a Laser....I wish. The Extended Mags really should be an "Ammo Slot" upgrade and not a Rail upgrade...
    • Up x 1
  11. Alarox

I used the EM6 to auraxium until it got nerfed. Then I went straight to the Gauss Saw S.

Gauss Saw S is better IMO simply because of how much more reliable it is.
  12. Messaiga

Just stick with the good-ol' NC6 Gauss SAW. It's a powerhouse at any range, no matter the situation. I prefer it over the EM6 at this point because of it's:
    • Higher Bullet Velocity
    • More possible kills per clip
    • Higher damage per bullet
    • Literally, the EM6 and the NC6 Gauss SAW have almost the same DPS, with the difference being 4 points of damage per second.
    After GU08 I pretty much just forgot about my EM6 that I had an Auraxium Medal with just because it seemed as though it had more horizontal recoil, which I did not enjoy. At first the NC6 Gauss SAW kicks like a beast, but eventually with the right attachments and once you get it into your muscle memory you will tame the wild animal that is the Gauss (wait excuse me), GOD SAW.
  13. KnightCole

Ya know, im the exact opposite. I had Aurxium on my NC6 and if I was given a Cert Reset, I would cert up the EM6 and roll with that.

If the EM6 has higher 1st shot mult now, its not messing me up atall. The EM6 is a pure beast and the faster RoF really helps out in CQC.

I loved my NC6, but the EM6, I like it better.

The NC6 is better at range though, the EM6 at distance is like firing a T9...lots of shots, not much death. I still use my NC6 to snipe from towers and what not....
  14. Messaiga

I actually got Auraxium on both before GU08, but then after GU08 with all the changes to my Em6 I decided to switch back to the NC6, since it had not changed much and I had both in my muscle memory. Only 2 LMG's I think I would ever need for an NC HA are the Gauss SAW and NS-15M since it is pretty much an assault rifle but with a 55 round mag, fastest reload speed of all LMG's, great for all ranges. Hipfire on it is as good as my NS-11C that I use on my Engineer. Still anyway, to the OP, whether you use the Em6, the NC6S, or the NC6, they are all so similar to the point where it all boils down to small things on them, such as attachments, projectile speed, reload speed, or hipfire accuracy. DPS is hardly different between all 3, so you should not worry about it.
    • Up x 1
  15. THUGGERNAUT

EM6 was much better overall pre-nerf. it's still good for close-range combat, but not enough to warrant 250 more certs. either stick to standard NC6 (and suffer from crappy close-range performance) or go with the Gauss S and customize it.
  16. KnightCole

Bull crap the EM6 isnt good enough in CQC for the xtra 250 certs. It works perfect in CQC. It beats out the NC6 for being a good all rounder gun. Just gotta cert it properly. As for the increased FSM, guess its a good thing I didnt use it prior to that nerf. Still doesnt seem all that bad though. Not as horrid as the x3FSM of the TR guns.
  17. Jrv

Stick a compensator/forgrip on an EM6 with high velocity ammo, and you have the best NC weapon in the game. Saw S doesn't compare.
  18. UNSCSpartan051

I'm an avid em6 user. I run HVA, Comp, Foward Grip and a 1x reflex or 2x depending. It OWNS ANYONE, ANYTIME, ANYRANGE.
    With HVA the velocity is not an issue. I have never run the ex.mags though. 100 rounds seem enough and lower recoil sounds better.
    I know i have a k/D of 0.41, but thats mainly bc my school *cough* compulsory Macbook*cough* . 15-20 fps. I love the gauss saw but the EM6 has a more reliable TTK as missing 1 shot with the gauss saw is a much bigger penalty.
  19. UNSCSpartan051

Oh **** sorry for the epic necro.
  20. KnightCole

Well this last weekend got my em6 auraxium n my kd climbed even higher uzing it. Im even on my own pc now which isnt as good as my dads which i was playing on.

Its plain in my mind the em6 600rpm and just all in all is just a pure shredder. It never lets me down. The low velocity i think ive figurrd out. Im pretty good at following moving targets with it n still getting kills.

Cof spread seems higher on it but not to bad.

I ♡my EM6

Its a monster.