EM6 Review

Discussion in 'Heavy Assault' started by Word Of Madness, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Word Of Madness

This is my favourite NC LMG and one of my favourites in the game. It's an adaptable weapon that won't perform as well as the SAW at long distances, or the GD-22S and Anchor at closer quarters, but still holds its own in varying situations.

Any feedback on the video is appreciated.
    • Up x 3
  2. ladiesop

When I use the EM6, I don't use the Compensator anymore as I can barely notice the difference (unlike the foregrip, where there's a world of difference), and the slightly tighter hip CoF means that with the ROF for it's damage tier can be hipfired better in emergencies. I don't know the effect on the minimap, though apparently the Compensator makes you light up from further away (has anyone tested this?).

I actually find the GD-22S the more accurate gun for range, but doesn't have the 100 round magazine and the RoF is lower on it (though I haven't used the GD in a while).

One thing for people who like select fire (I don't bother anymore though, and just use Auto), the EM6 has Auto, Single Shot and Burst fire, though recently the burst fire was downgraded to a 2 shot burst rather than the 3 shot it was before.
  3. YesNoMaybe

Nice video! It's also one of my favorites LMGs. :D
  4. TintaBux

Can't really decide, really like the EM6, I'm more accurate with GD22s but can tear through more people with the EM6, so I certed the SAW S for a test, will see how it goes.

I also like 200 rounds on the em6 over forgrip.
  5. Word Of Madness

I'm not sure about the minimap range thing with the compensator. I may have to test it out with a friend and see if we can work out the difference.

The GD-22S does have a little less vertical recoil and a tighter COF if you're moving, which explains why you find it more accurate. The lower ROF is pretty minor (4% loss in DPS), but the 50 round mag is a big minus, for me at least. With a 167@10/143@75 weapon, I can do fine with the 75 round mags of the TMG, Flare/Ursa and SAW S, but find the 50 round ones can bring me up short sometimes. I don't mind the loss in accuracy for the extra ammo, but other people may be the other way around.
  6. KnightCole

I have almost 730 certs and kinda want the EM6, but cant really see my own need to get the gun. Tricked out, the NC6 is quite a killing machine. Tricked out, the control it gives is amazing. I give 10-15 round bursts and they usually all hit. I VR'd the EM6 and the higher side to side recoil has me kinda deciding not to get the gun. With all my success with the NC6, I cant bring myself to get the EM6.

I do not deny the EM6 being a pretty good gun. If its like the GD22S only better...I bet it really is a killing machine. I liked the GD22S as well, bought it, certed it and loved it. Only the 50 rounds lets it down.
  7. X3Killjaeden

Why would it be worse then GD22 in close quarters? it has faster ROF, same damage and hipfire is equally bad. GD22 has lower ammo count which can become vital. I often run out of ammo with the anchor and GD. Ammo belt adds 1 magazine per lvl, so it's 100 extra bullets for EM6 instead of just 50.
  8. Knarfis

Good video. Could use some more pros and cons about the gun and some descriptions as to what to expect when using the gun and what not to expect.

The EM6 is a nice gun, but there are some things that drive me insane about it. For one and I have no idea if others experience this or not, but it seems that the gun just doesnt want to damage anyone it is shooting at. I could unload a quarter mag on the poor bloke I get the jump on only for him to turn around and take me down. There have been more times then I like to admit where this gun just does not do any kind of damage. Compared to the Anchor it just seems like the EM6 really needs to lay into the enemy and put more rounds then needed to kill. Yet has the same damage numbers as the Anchor.

The gun is good at mid range and the more you burst it the better your accuracy is going to be. I really dislike how the gun likes to sway or wander on you when firing more then 5 shots at a time and how the compensator does very little to help with the recoil. The first round recoil is heavy and typically catches me off guard. If your enemy is moving the guns accuracy seems to go right out the window.

I have close to 1000 kills with the gun at the moment and I wish I could say it is my favorite gun. The issue is more on the accuracy on the gun. I am by far not the even close to a good player, but I have far better accuracy numbers with the Anchor then I do with the EM6 and that bothers me. But it just does not shine in very many areas. Its good, but there are things about it that just make me scratch my head and wonder. I noticed in your video you dont seem to have any real issues that I have described. You dont seem to need to really lay into your targets with rounds. Hell it seems you kill them quite quickly which again makes me wonder about this gun in my hands.
  9. lilleAllan

I <3 the em6. Working on auraxium for SAW, but I still have a CQC em6 loadout. Makes me a bit teary eyed every time I pull it out.
    Probably the best allround NC LMG? Can't really see why one would run a gd22s over it except to save certs.
  10. ladiesop

Do you move when aiming down sights and shooting? Also, is this with the foregrip?

The Anchor has less recoil in sustained fire, but the 1st shot recoil is higher (resulting in a bigger hit). It has less CoF when moving ADS, which means it can put sustained bursts when moving and aiming down sights somewhat better than the EM6.
  11. Zaik

I like it but it's hard to justify actually using it. SAW is better outside cqc, anchor is better from 0m to until maybe 60-80m due to the single direction horizontal recoil and adv. laser dot.

going for araxium on it atm, i just use the extended magazine because it's the only thing that it can do that is better than any other LMG the NC has. the only other ones we have with an extended mag are the terribad EM1 and SAW S.
  12. Pie Chasm

Not true about the CQC part. The EM6 can equip an advanced laser sight, actually making it more accurate than a GD-22S in CQC, since the GD-22S can only equip a standard laser.

The EM6 IS a direct upgrade to the GD-22S in every way.

I think the EM6 is actually the most versatile gun in the game, since no other LMG can get a hip-fire CoF that small without sacrificing mid range capability through immense first shot recoil.. which the EM6 has very little of.

Not only does it have great ranged capability due to the aforementioned recoil, but it also shares the low initial ADS CoF AND it has the HUGE 100x167 mag.

It's really an insanely good weapon.. perhaps even too powerful when you play the other faction equivalents.
  13. ladiesop

The EM6 can't have the Advanced Laser. The Training Room lies.

The Anchor is the Advanced Laser LMG, with a hefty first short recoil.
  14. Knarfis

Yep, I am always moving when ADS'ing. Yes I do use the forward grip as well.
  15. ladiesop

The EM6 loses more accuracy when moving ADS compared with the Anchor, that's probably what you're seeing there. You sort of have to become more static (pause in the movements) and/or use shorter bursts compared with the Anchor.
  16. KnightCole

The Anchor is the NC version of the TR guns: Horrid Left and Right Recoil, same goes for the Em1....I VR'd it and wow....even with grips its bad.
  17. lilleAllan

lol I just found out the em6 has access to extended mags. 200 bullets in the clip? yes pls
  18. TintaBux

So far I am liking the SAW S more than the EM6, I have over 2000 kills with the EM6, but I'm around 5% more accurate with the SAW S so far and with the extended mag I can still tear through people.

Also be-careful in VR shooting at standing targets, it often don't give you a full picture of the weapon, these need testing in the real battlefield to know which is really the better one for you.
  19. KnightCole

I really wish the Ex-Clip went in the Ammo slot instead of the rail slot.
  20. KnightCole

Yeah, the VR also has no lag, so you kill the targets in the proper number of shots. In VR, its like 6 rounds to kill a person with the NC6 and like 7 with EM.

In actual battle, for me, its 8 with the NC6 and idk with the EM, I dont have it.