Echo Valley base has a defensive feature...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Takoita, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Takoita

...that no one seems to use. The bridge, or, more correctly, the sublevel directly under it.

Yesterday I've witnessed a VS zerg locking up a TR zerg inside the spawn shack, which ended poorly for TR because they were fighting by the spawn shield with no real armor or air presence. Some players have tried spawning from the nearest base and surprise attack the enemy sunderer(s), but they too headed directly for the slugfest and were gibbed shortly after.

Both attackers and defenders have completely ignored a massive camping position DIRECTLY ABOVE the center of battle that was completely covered from air attacks and had campable infantry access. I've discharged all my rockets on the Magriders that were scuttling about beneath my position, I've shot Scythes not 20m in front of me with my LMG, and no-one seemed to notice. Some tanks on the nearest ridge we pretty level with my perch and could easily spot\hit me - I wasn't even trying to hide - but it was like they didn't even try to look.

The worst part of it that there are a good deal of bridges that share this characteristic, but I've never seen another player on one of those either. I've evaded pursuit and surprised infantry\vehicles a couple of times, but was pretty much ignored during it.

Granted, not much of them are positioned quite as beneficially as that particular bridge, but there are some lively roads that could be ambushed from that sublevel. LA maybe even could pop up from beneath in the middle of a bridge to surprise an armored coloumn or break up a stalemate.

Thoughts?