[Suggestion] Duster changes?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gabriell, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Reclaimer77

Peasant, I like that. Pretty much the typical mindset of the Vehicleside elitist OP player. We're all just fodder on the ground for you aren't we.

I did. The weapon is fine as-is. The Liberator is super-effective at what it does. And buffing the Dalton further would make it just overpowered.
    People in this very thread are posting 20+ Duster killstreak videos. Hello??
  2. Ronin Oni

Anyone who calls the Lib with Duster OP has no clue what they're talking about.

Zephyr & Dalton aren't even OP anymore. Zephyr got the same treatment all HEAT rounds did (minimal splash dmg) and Dalton got it's entirely removed, as did Shredder.
  3. Ronin Oni

I said that tongue in cheek because you're obviously just a purely infantry player incapable of dealing with vehicles.

You're crying about tanks in another thread.

Vehicles have been nothing but nerfed since release.

I know what it's like to play as infantry. Well over half my playtime is AS infantry. It's not that bad. In fact, it's almost humorous now.
  4. Reclaimer77

I deal quite nicely with LA/C4. Pretty much the only effective counter left to infantry. And I see you guys are crying for THAT to be nerfed too.

The Lancer is great because of it's range, accuracy, and speed. The Striker and Phoenix are both rubbish, but we'll see how this "Coyote" change works.

Maybe the situation isn't as bad as I'm making it out to be, fine. But on the flip side, claiming that dumbfires are effective against AIRCRAFT is similarly biased and kind of a joke to anyone who actually plays this game. Outside of the Lancer, no dumbfires have a high percentage chance to deal with Liberators flown by competent players.

AV has been nothing but nerfed since release as well....

Honestly, who ISN'T "crying" about tanks since the Pro-Zerg "nanites" patch? Believe it or not, there CAN be too much of a good thing. Vehicles can be fun and balanced, right now they aren't. There's just too many of them, too easy to get, too cheap, and no consequences to losing them.
  5. Ronin Oni

The only AV to get nerfed was Striker because it was broken beyond all questions of any doubt and AV turret which dealt 40% damage to a tank from 800m

Yeah... they had to be nerfed.

The only reason RL's got nerfed was because idiots cried about Rocket Primaries... it was actually infantry, not tankers, who caused that nerf...

and only a few terrible drivers are crying about C4.
  6. Morti

I will also express my discontent for the duster.

It's meant to be the pure anti-infantry belly gun after zephyr was changed to be more of a hybrid between AI and AV.

What happened to you SoE? Are you really so hurt over releasing a few OP things that you're now afraid to release anything at all which isn't below par?
  7. Gabriell

It's clear that you have never piloted a lib. Bombing & strafing runs all leave a lib vulnerable to tank shells & dumbfires. It's not just the skill of the pilot.

I could just the same say only competent players can hit liberators with dumbfires, and since you do so much crying about how ineffective dumbfires are against liberators, I'd be in turn calling you an incompetent player just as you call me an incompetent pilot. Being passive-aggressive doesn't help your case, here.

I sincerely (not really) apologize that a liberator, which is a gunship, can kill infantry, which are squishy humans. I'm sorry that with your light assault that you have no chance against a liberator shooting you. Why don't you try to pull an ESF and kill the liberator instead of spawning and dying over and over again?

Back on topic, buffing the duster will not change the anti-infantry game that much. The Zepher right now does an okay job at it, but makes the lib much more vulnerable to skyguards, ESFs, other liberators, you know, a handful of the many counters you have to a liberator.
  8. EGuardian1

LOL Really?

I fly Libs - I'm decent (i'd say above average) but most of the time it's a hell of a lot harder than the peasants on the ground think. I use that term because you have exactly the same things available to you that I do on a Lib - you've just chosen not to pursue it. A few aware people on the ground is enough to force us back and defend an entire area.

If I can get a Liberator within dick slapping distance (which if you'll notice, is how close we had to get to get kills with the Duster) then the infantry on the ground are NOT doing their job of deterring. That killstreak against TR? WHY DIDN"T WE GET DUMBFIRED BY THE 20 HEAVIES ON TEH GROUND? Because they didn't see it as their job to deter air, so I bombed them into the stone age. ONE heavy hitting us with a dumb fire would have driven us back. JUST ONE. Had I a Zephyr, we would have been a lot higher and much harder to hit, but then I can only kill 2-3 infantry per magazine.
    Rebalancing the Duster as a longer range slow moving carpet bomber gives us a real place, which while good against infantry, it'd be terrible against armour, enemy air, defensive emplacements - more than fair.

Is it hard to hit planes with a dumb fire? Yes. It's also hard for a Lib to fight off an ESF now with anything other than a Dalton or a Shredder (both of which aren't great at AI anymore)

It's perfectly fair for a three (or even two) person team using the teamwork of pilot and gunner to wreck unaware infantry or vehicles.

Stop complaining and start countering. With time and practice, you DO learn how to aim Dumbfires and wreck the goddamn hell out of Hover Libs - not just Duster Libs (which I see maybe 3 a week other than me) In fact, i highly encourage people to learn how to aim Dumbfires against ESFs because you end up having moments like this.

• Up x 1
  9. Reclaimer77

So now "tank shells" are strong AA??

Seriously I just rest my case. No point in discussing this with someone who's either on drugs or lying. If you get hit by tank shells in this game, in an aircraft, you're horrible end of story.
  10. EGuardian1

Or, you just suck at Tanking.

Because Tanks can totally shoot down ESFs, Libs, Gals... It's by far the strongest AA weapon in the game IF YOU CAN AIM.

Libs need to be either moving in a straight line, hovering, or moving slowly for the gunner to get a good tone on a long range shot - so the alternative is to get closer. You get closer, you DO risk getting hit with more rockets and yes, tank shells. (Oh wait, you mean your tank can't aim up? Sad. Everyone else's can.)

If the pilot wants to make use of the Tankbuster? WHAM. AP rounds suddenly become a nightmare because you have to get so close. Want to stay high and lob rounds from flight ceiling? You better have a damned good gunner since stuff doesn't even render at that range.

You rest your case on a pile of ****.
    • Up x 1
  11. Gabriell

It is beyond clear that you have never flown a lib. Like, ever.

Stop hijacking my thread. If you don't like flying, don't comment in a thread about a flying vehicle's guns.
  12. Reclaimer77

So it's a "hijack" is someone doesn't agree with your Duster buff??

That's just juvenile.
  13. jujulio5

I've been using the duster a bit, and while promoting it among my outfit is difficult given that the "jack of all trades" zephyr is generally better suited against infantry; it can give some nice joyrides too

As it stands the duster is good for farming a lone sundy attacking a base. But if there are tanks around, going really low is about to become very dangerous though the reward is close at hand. no matter what you need to have your escape route ready after unloading at close.

As it was said here, decis and the like, plus tanks make these bombing tactics short-lived. In the end you're better off using flak armor for these few extra secs for dealing/mitigating damage. So generally a zepher allows for longer runs and better rewards from a safer distance. 90% of the time, zepher beats duster, 10% of the time duster allow for some "niche" farming,very juicy. So it's up to the pilot to fly to the right places.

Personally I go precision to perform some tight circles around the targetted area and adapt the angle I can give to my gunner (especially with the tight cof)

For now the duster specs force the pilo to select some areas in which they don't contribute greatly yo their faction's advantage. It's sad to see a weapon witch clear drwabacks not getting the perks it should get, which makes it less useful at its intended role than the zepher which compromises still for a more versatile role.

Waiting to see where it goes...For me devs "made way" for the duster by nerfing all the anti-inf components from other weapons (though not the zepher....while the shredder lost a great deal). like "we made everything else *ù*$^so now this one is decent"...which worries me since I'm half expecting to see a zepher nerf in place of a "duster adjustment".