ducks in a barrel

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Jbrain, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Jbrain

About 920 pm EST me and NC brother on math indar battleing vs at excavation site now know what It feels like to be ducks in a barrel.. I know there was 100 + vs against our 24-48... but hell who could blame them.. vs are nearly impossible to see with their near black uniforms, their weapons have no spread so its like playing pool its so accurate and smooth... only nutjobs like me who love the underdog continue to play through this abuse.

I am trying sooo hard to stay positive with this game as Nc but its very hard.. like today nc doing the alert we work out ***** off for hours to lose in the last 10 minutes because tr zerg us down and take 2 points and win cause they already own 75% of the map.. anyways, I am severely frustrated right now and after that experience tonight of being insta gibed no matter how careful you try to play.. I don't see how the long time nc players take it.. or how they keep up their morale..
  2. wolfva

I once saw a bunch of ducks in a barrel. One reddish duck kept sneaking looks at me. Yes. It was a peking duck ala orange.

Losing is part of the game. I know it sucks when it happens like that, but the important thing is to have fun. Yes, winning is definately fun, but narrow your focus a bit...were those fights fun? Concentrate on the ones that were. It all goes to mindset; if you focus only on the negatives, you'll feel negative and miserable and you'll burn out with low morale. If you concentrate on the positives...on the fun you had...you'll enjoy the game more. Trust me on this...I'm an old NC <LOL>.
    • Up x 1
  3. teks

Myth: VS weapons have no recoil, and no cone of fire.

It depends weapon to weapon, but our recoil isn't low, but it might be 'different'. We get generally the worst first shot recoil of the three, and that makes it tough to burst.

You need to join an organized outfit bud. If you roll with the zerg your gonna have a bad time.

This is a team game big time. If your just gonna roll with you and your bro and want to actually enjoy yourselves you'll need to stick to small fights.

Think about it. 2 people in any other FPS can make things happen, because your going against what? 12 people? Now one platoon is 48 people, and you and your bother are just a speck in the water.

And don't think that numbers necessarily mean disorganization. When I platoon lead 4 full squads I spend 10-15% on my time actually playing the game, and the rest is spent leading the platoon, moving players around, kicking the bad apples, and staring at the map.

Then, each squad is led by a competent leader able to work on its own (ideally). He will ensure the squad stays together, stays on their objective, pulls the right classes, and reacts to threats.

So, outside of mindless zergs, you got a minimum of 12 players working together against you.
  4. uhlan

The supreme joy in defending is making your fellow gamers of the opposing faction (idiot sheep) bleed certs for your amusement.

Yes, you may lose, but never give up your cert cheaply!
    • Up x 1
  5. Jbrain

for the record I was in a platoon.. thus why it sucked so bad.. we had worked really hard to get that win and to have it snatched simply because your outnumbered 4 to 1 is disheartening. when I say win I mean alert win.
  6. teks

Why was your platoon leader sending you guys into a 4 to 1?!?!?

Join a Organized outfit.

The only reason to fight such a losing battle is if your holding a superior force back while other squads are taking other territories. If so, you were dying for the greater good, but I'm gonna guess it was just a public platoon.
  7. teks

Also, losing happens. Look at the pop %s. IF your fighting an alert with 20% pop vs a 60% pop enemy you shouldn't be facing them head on. You gotta think intelligently, and resort to more guerrilla tactics.
  8. deggy

If you had trouble seeing someone dressed in black around Indar Ex., the uniform isn't the problem.

Am I the only one remembering that the land around Indar Ex. is basically WHITE?
  9. RobotNinja

Current server pop on Connery:

VS: 41%
    TR: 27%
    NC: 31%

You can't get into Indar because there's a queue. Go figure.