Driving a flash is suicide with harasser around

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dragonblood, May 3, 2013.

1. Dragonblood

Driving a flash is suicide with all these harassers around. They are way more mobile and can destroy a flash in an eyeblink.
    Is the wraith now the only viable flash-variant as mere transport?
    • Up x 1
  2. MasonSTL

I think it will calm down in a week when everyone has a chance to try them. A new vehicle is always going to be abundant on the battlefield. In the mean time try not to venture off too far from the front lines.

EDIT: and remember that it only cost 25 resources for one ;)
    • Up x 5
  3. Dragonblood

It's not about the ressource costs or that the harasser is a 3-men vehicle....that doesn't comfort me, when I get ran over.
    • Up x 1
  4. Badname82

Wut.

Driving a flash is suicide period. Everything kills it.
    • Up x 5
  5. PurpleOtter

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  6. MarioO

Driving a flash has always been suicide and will always be.
    • Up x 2
  7. MasonSTL

So in essence your on the forums because someone killed you...
    • Up x 6
  8. Scatterblak

I can't agree - I've killed a few harassers at this point, cloaked and with a fury. You look like an inf - just upcert that cloak and grab a fury, and you'll be killing those guy.
    • Up x 1
  9. zappy

^This

also Stop crying.

god every new thread is a cry thread
    • Up x 2
  10. eldarfalcongravtank

i find the harasser to be surprisingly heavily armored. takes quite some firepower to take one down, even as a main battle tank with support. on top of that, their mobility and agility additionally make them a tough force multiplier. i am glad the harasser is common-pool though, otherwise it would have been slightly overpowered
    • Up x 1
  11. Hoki

Turret gunner should be snipe-able.
    • Up x 1
  12. Jkar

Not really practical on the battlefield, but you can ram an ESF with a turbo harasser and kill it without taking any damage. Just aim for the part with the landing gear and blast away, works best from the side as otherwise you might just slip under it. ;)
  13. Torok

after Black Hawk Down, americans finally understood that having an exposed gunner wasn't the smartest idea ever ^^
  14. Ghosty11

Naw you can't be Rambo or or the Duke if your not exposed to enemy fire. You space cowboys should know that!
    • Up x 1
  15. Liquid23

pffft enemy fire... I carry a really big magnet in my pocket to keep enemy bullets away
  16. Dragonblood

This is not a whine thread.....this more a why-nerf-the-fury-thread, when the metagame has changed since tanks were buffed and the harasser introduced.

@Scatterblak: How did you manage to kill a harasser with the fury? It's faster than the flash and the gunner kills you instantly?
  17. RHINO_Mk.II

And I carry a really big metal umbrella to keep from getting struck by lightning.
    • Up x 2
  18. Ronin Oni

I don't think Fury needs nerfing personally but w/e

Certainly not as much as what they've got lined up on Test
  19. Dragonblood

60% less damage.....lol....that's just to much.
  20. Chubzdoomer

When has driving a Flash NOT been suicidal? You can destroy one by simply farting in its general direction.
    • Up x 2