Drifter Jets <3

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Meeka, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Meeka

I don't think I've ever used Light Assault so much as I have since the Drifter Jets got upgraded.

Who needs legs when you can hover everywhere at a much faster speed!

I'm losing count of the tanks and Harassers I've drifted up to at high speed and planted C4 on. :D

Using Valks and ESFs to bail out in the sky... hover in mid air for the longest time (you really can hover for quite some time and distance) until I find the appropriate target and C4 bomb the ever living hell out of it. :D

My Light Assault walks nowhere any more.
    • Up x 1
  2. TheMish

Hell no, Icarus jets ftw.

Now I can kinda sorta relive the joys of being a Dark Trooper in Battlefront 2
    • Up x 1
  3. Gnomemercy

Since the drifter change I use them more than default jets, they are simply amazing.
    • Up x 1
  4. Demigan

Yeah, I've been using the Drifters as well. I hardly used the normal jumpjets during combat, so the slower climbing isn't such a problem. The fact that I can now climb something far away from any danger, then just fly to my destination in one quick swoop without bothering with terrain, then drop on some cover I would normally have jump-jetted to, or drop straight on new targets that now have become viable because I can now actually reach them...
    Also, I can use these jumpjets to scale almost anything. Just name it, and you can get there with these babies. I climbed the Dam on Hossin yesterday, went from the bottom to the top, and it takes barely any time at all compared to the normal jets, if you could even make with the normal jets:
    [IMG]

Icarus... They might be handy on some places, but I hardly feel them worth it. The loss of height just doesn't seem like something I would want. They might be handy for Tower Stomping, but unless I see some video's showing it's power of awesomeness, I ain't gonna touch them or swap them for my lovely Drifters.
    The fact that the community didn't scream in complete agony about C4 fairies now having an ultimate tool in the Drifter shows just how "terrible" they actually find it.