[Suggestion] Dream of the combat medic

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Xitrec, May 29, 2015.

1. Xitrec

Dream combat medics is a device that can revive their friends and allies during the battle and not distracting him from shooting.The device will replace the standard Medical Applicator and to revive fallen soldiers (you'll have to stand next to the body) This device cannot heal a wounded soldiers,and revives fallen allies with half HP.
  2. Skiptrace

If I could understand what you were trying to make a concept of, that would be great! Are you talking about something that you would put on your AR/Shotgun/SMG to allow you to not need to swap to your medic tool to revive? If so, that would be brokenly OP. What we need is this.

Sprinter Medical Tool: Allows the user to sprint while using the medical tool, has half the range of a normal medical tool and revives 50% slower than the standard medical tool.

This would be so useful it's not even funny. Every time someone I revive gets up, they run away from me like i'm Ebola or something... Not realizing that I don't have the max medic tool yet (i'm rank 5/6) (The exception to this rule is outfit mates) Also, when your trying to heal a Heavy that is running into the fray by sprinting, I CANT KEEP UP WITH HIM... Either this, or allow a 15% global move speed buff for Medics, even without the Adrenaline Pump. I want my 4 Rez Grenades, which for no logical reason requires a special grenade bandolier, when real solders carry 3 - 4 grenades as STANDARD MUNITIONS... and I want something to boost my movement speed. Those rez grenades do not take up that much space, actually where DO you keep the grenades on your person? In a satchel on your back? (i'm talking on your model)
  3. LazyAsian

So would the device be an AOE revive, or a singular revive? Would we be able to target revives in a room full of dead friendlies?
  4. Xitrec

The device can revive only one target at a time.The device revive the fallen soldiers randomly(Perhaps those who is closer)
  5. Littleman

Better idea - remove the medical applicator tool from the game. Medics now just run up to bodies and hold the "use" key until the bar fills. Perhaps a quick "med gun" animation to show this, and perhaps even add a cooldown to the revives so that additional power can be justified to the class. All peeps brought back to life are brought back with either full life but must wait the full duration for their shield regen to kick in, or spawn back in with half life but shields are up. One or the other. I prefer the former - just feels more natural.

The AoE heal should be converted into a deployable, like the shield generator. Now the medic can simply drop a nano-kit on the ground and people will get healed over time without a medic babysitting.

The tool slot could be refitted into a support weapon slot. Rocklet rifle, thumper grenade launcher, shoulder-mounted flak cannon, anti-material rifle, I'd even dare to suggest the heavy weapons, MCG, jackhammer, and lasher. The class would feature a deeper level of flexibility in contrast to the HA's rigid durability.

I feel the medic is really **** right now because of that revive potential, and it sucks. People hate it when a medic ball is so dense they can't clear a well held room, and medics in general have crappy combat potential because outside of that medical tool (which is only good for reviving, and only at rank 6) which explains why they're among the least played classes. There's nothing really cool about them that makes playing them any different from the other classes except for their lack of options.