Double SC day tomorrow?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pat22, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Pat22

I bet many people are regretting have bought that anniversary bundle before then, myself included. Kind of a dick move there.
  2. Pat22

Then again, no matter how you look at it, you're getting a double XP day. It's like... what would I have them do? Take away the double SC day? We just lose out on that then. Cut the anniversary bundle before Friday? That's just not very nice to people who might have bought it during the last four days.
    Still you can't help but feel irritated that you could have gotten it at half the price.
  3. ColonelChingles

Is Black Friday not a thing in the country that you live in?

Here in the US it is pretty common knowledge that good deals happen on Black Friday or Cyber Monday. Just like how good deals will happen around the winter holidays (hint hint ;) ).

I managed to snag a few cards that were 33% off, and now I can cash in on this 2x sale. Pretty much instead of 1 cent = 1 SC, I'm looking at 1 cent = 3 SC. But I'm probably not even going to buy anything until Auraximas, where I can get a 10:1 return!
    • Up x 1
  4. InoxGecko

**** you SOE, seriously, **** you. Way to screw with those who bought the bundle already, me included. Implying everyone all over the world knows about black Friday.
    • Up x 1
  5. Paperlamp

I think it's hilarious.

I mean...I understand why people are pist about it but come on, this is either a classic SOE blunder or an evil monetization strategy - get people to pay more first then lower the price to get more buyers.

Personally I think it's the former but who knows.

I think the people screwed by this should boycott SC purchases until 1/2 their SC is refunded.

Probably won't happen but gamer boycotts are good fun.
    • Up x 2
  6. LT_Latency

Yes, because no company in the world has ever had a sale before.

If I could punch Valve in the mouth for every steam sale....I would.
  7. Kislany

Nope, we don't have it in Europe. Heck we don't even have what you call Thanksgiving and Halloween.
    • Up x 2
  8. Pokebreaker

Well, I had 4999 SC saved up from the free SC I got from buying my graphics card back when I built this rig. So, while I feel for those who made a specific purchase of SC to get the bundle; it doesn't bother me, because I wouldn't have got a discount either way. Being F2P alleviates me of so much stress related to SC deals, and the feeling of getting gypped.
  9. Halo572

We don't have Thanksgiving, but retailers have imported Black Friday.

Check the news for fights in the UK and police closing stores.

It is an opportunity to make money, retailers don't care how they piggy back off of that even using other national holidays to shoe horn it in.
    • Up x 1
  10. Pouk3D

This is the very first time in my life I hear "cyber" and "monday" connected into one phrase. I have no idea what that is even supposed to be.
    • Up x 1
  11. Villanuk

Honestly guys, you should know what SOE are like by now :eek:

On the bright side, I may spend some SC tomorrow :)
    • Up x 1
  12. ColonelChingles

Well now you know! Live free in the NC US!

It's a spinoff of Black Friday for online deals. Started in the mid-2000s or so. Great for those of us who don't feel like standing out in the cold all night!
  13. Azarga

In my country there are no Cybermonday and 2014 is the first year some retailers abopted the Blackfriday thing. But I myself know about them for quite some time, cause most games come from Murica, so tracking murican holidays is a nice asset in getting sales for games you want.
    • Up x 1
  14. Andy04

It's not as if they have not done this before, gave out a boost pack then done a SC sale the weekend after...... It is a dick move and I will not be buying anything from this broken game until its fixed......Shame on them for scamming more people out of their money for a broken game that will not have any real point to it for at least another year. SOE ..l.. (0.0) ..l.. you sold us out for Playstation 4
  15. Bixli

atm .. but in 10 years we have everything such like that in europe too , hell even our next generation in the whole europe will be probably speeching fully in english , at least half of ...a slowly but steady cultural & commercial infiltration/annexion is going around.
  16. BlueSkies

Halloween has come to Ireland
  17. RagingShrubbery

Since when is getting a half off/ buy one get one free discount a scam? If you bought the package full price you must have decided it was worth the money. Do you expect SOE to not have a sale because they sold something before the sale? It's absurd. Most people who have bought stuff in the game most likely already had some SC laying around. Are you mad at them because they didn't have to spend as much as you?

I can see being a bit frustrated that you missed it, but is the better alternative no bundle or no x2 SC? And if for some insane reason they did the double SC with the bundle, then the price of the bundle would have went up to compensate. SOE is a company, they gots bills to pay.
  18. mavix

I don't really follow the bundle complains. It's still the same value as before and it expires in 3 days.
    Am loving the double SC though. $45 gives 10,000SC
  19. Dualice

Of course Europe jumps on the Black Friday bandwagon. It's an opportunity for retailers to get even more footfall in their stores. Watching some of the news footage today I'm amazed how some people react. They were stampeding into the stores like animals. It was kind of nauseating to watch.

On a lighter note, half-price SC, whoopee. First time I've bought any in quite some time.
  20. ColonelChingles

My understanding was that Halloween was a European holiday to start with. Pagans and witchcraft and whatnot.

The pumpkin-based jack o lantern was supposed to be an Irish thing using a turnip and coal.

At least that's what we learned in American schools. :D