[Suggestion] Double down on the Support Element

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by THEDUKE5565, Jun 22, 2023.

1. THEDUKE5565

Why can't we simply double down on the support aspects of the class, while sacrificing our kill potential?

Like a stalker cloaker, could we have something that sacrifices our main weapon slot for an upgraded med tool?

Perhaps a med tool that heal shields on top of health? and/or a health AOE that clears concs on top of its normal abilities? Preferably the former.

I'm a support player in every mmorpg I play, I've been playing as a medic main since launch, and I love the idea of being near absolutely useless on my own but carry the ability to make my group exponentially better.

I would love to see this aspect of the game expanded with similar things to other classes as well. Not to blur the lines between the classes, but to explore their roles in more detail outside of their killing potential.

I feel like these "take and give" systems would add a lot more depth to gameplay and squad comp, allowing players who are not so good at killing to double down on the aspects they are good at.
  2. placeholder22

I just want heavies with resist shield on to be able to tank fire while I pump them. If they can't do that, they serve no purpose and I am better of just gunning down enemies myself.