Double C4, Anyone bought it?

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Rinzler_TR, Dec 4, 2012.

1. CombatWeevil

Bought it, no regrets. With 2 x C4 you are MUCH more valuable to a squad than without. Especially for the ability to put some serious hurt on an enemy sunderer or get the drop on an MBT. I find it's more important to have for small ops than the large scale conflicts. When the difference between losing a base or keeping it could be a single tank laying down suppressing fire.
  2. gunshooter

Your style is to be bad.
  3. gunshooter

You have an 0.5 kd. I think you need to get better at the game because by no means does using c4 make you a "suicidal nutter."
  4. gunshooter

infiltrators can't even HURT tanks or sunderers, they literally have no way to do damage to them. What a joke that people like this post so matter of factly.
    • Up x 1
  5. Nehlis

I was going to but I keep getting sidetracked by all the other shiny certs.
  6. Nehlis

I prefer c4 over the medkit on my LA just because of its usefulness and power. Also, if i've been wounded and am able to escape, That almost always means I can find a medic. The heal kits are only really useful if you've reached a safe place, and unless you don't get instagibbed by a tank or someone sneaking behind you, you won't usually be able to use it. The ability to 1 shot a MBT is NOT to be underestimated.
  7. Velron

Nice, 3 ****** posts in a row from gunshooter. Impressive.
  8. Winterspawn

You is to be disrespectfull and ********.

What you say is the same thing as saying that soup is the only valid starter for a meal, while it really depends on personal preference. One person might like one thing while someone else likes other things.

I, and many others get better results with the med/rest kit onstead of C4. And you can't claim that my style is bad because lately its giving me a K/D of 1.6 which proves that the extra survivability (for less resources) can lead to extra kills as well. I just mark tanks on the map from up a rooftop so others can destroy it.
  9. gunshooter

well thank god you spot the massive unmissable tanks phew that sure is great and comparable to killing them instantly
  10. Nehlis

Dude, it's his preference. Don't make the rest of us C4ers look bad.
  11. Appleheart

I think you entirely missed my point. Also I am not sure why you would argue against the general point, unless you don't actually play LA and for some reason feel spite towards the idea of the LA class getting buffs. The point of it being a valid request for a class that is designed to be a lone wolf/assassin to have explosives and medkits is far from an unreasonable one.

As for my K/D ratio, I make no claims of greatness. But neither do the forums require a KDR of 2+ to post or to have an opinion, and the game is not specifically built to cater to such players either.
    • Up x 1
  12. Mrasap

Yeah I'd love to buy the second C4 brick but somehow I have a feeling they are going to reduce the cert point cost soon without refunding to those who have already bought it.
  13. MuNrOe

I have it, its great when its available but dont expect to use it for very long after your resources run dry. Ie if you use 2 of these in under 10 mins your depleting your stock. Not including grenades that will become non existent because your blowing all your resource costs on buying C4.
  14. Winterspawn

Alright then, explain to me why C4 is better than a med or regen kit in any possible situation. And remember, you are already making a fool out of yourself.
  15. japro

The way I think about C4 vs healing item is that the C4 lets me engage targets I otherwise couldn't (mostly MAXes in my case actually) while the healing item gives more survivability obviously. In very active battles respawning and getting back into the action is not that much of an issue so I prefer having the additional offensive capabilities of the C4. If on the other hand the position I'm in has required more work to get into (reaching a more distant position/having cooldown on a spawn beacon), then being able to stay there longer may be worth more and there might not even be a reasonable C4 target there.

I didn't buy the second level so far though. I mostly go after MAXes and lightnings and in the situations I use the C4 I tend to be very exposed so I'm unsure whether I would even manage to get two down before dying anyway? How fast after each other can they be placed?
  16. gunshooter

I already did multiple times. And remember, you're really bad.
  17. Winterspawn

I'm sorry but where? Could you give me a link to that post so I can see it? And again, my K/D is now 1.6 with only one regen kit so Iam surely not bad. I don't even know what youare K/D must be if I'm that bad.
  18. gunshooter

That regen kit sure is getting a ton of use. After you kill 1 person, you can heal up and then kill 0.5 people.
  19. Akfourtys

They are planted fast enough. The problem is you staying at your target even little longer. Too exposed. Usually im in time to detonate single planted c4. But often if ive planted both, im detonating them after respawn :D
  20. Winterspawn

Your words mean nothing since I don't always use them in the first place and because I still see no arguments or your K/D. Currently you are mainly just trolling.