Don't waste your SC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zaik, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Zaik

Pump action shotty is bad.
  2. Zer0range

It's good.
  3. Chipskream

Thats because the good one gets released next week.
    • Up x 9
  4. Zaik

Compared to what? A pistol?

Existing shotguns are 100% better.
  5. Rhinzual

Yeah, after the current ones get 'balanced' for having too high damage/RoF/clipsize, etc.
  6. Agent 47

7. Achmed20

im at work so any info appriciated... one shot kill or not?
  8. Zaik

Nope, two shot just like the others. 5 round default magazine size, pellet spread seems to be 3(identical to the 6 round mag semiauto) Rate of fire is lower than the semiauto shotguns. I believe they might have 7 pellets instead of 6, though its a bit difficult to get a count of them as I don't have bullet impacts in the wall turned on.

The reload is surprisingly fast for a pump action, but it is longer than any other shotgun. It can be interrupted in between shells, however it can't be interrupted seamlessly. There seem to be specific parts of the animation that you can break, but you can't just snap out of it to immediately fire.
    • Up x 2
  9. kingduckling

new pump shotties have same damage bu 4 more pellets for a total of 10 per shot(so 66% more dmg).prob same spread as the (low ammo semiauto shotgun like the barrage) maybe less!?
    you can extend your mag by 2. and as usual pumpshotguns reloading is a ***** if you vs a lot of people or a bad shot.
  10. Achmed20

sounds rather bad indeed. thx for the infos.
    to be fair ,i wasnt expecting a one shot kill anyway but one can dream :D

edit: wait ... 10 pellets? thats 1430 dmg if every pellet hits. that should be a one shot right?
    edit2: spreadsheet just got/getting updated
  11. Lakora

Wonky ohk... Sometimes it ohk someone, next time they don't... :S If EVERY single pellet hits than most likely a ohk but if even one misses well than you need luck since it's a slow refire time.
  12. Sedisp

If they do indeed have 10 then only 7 pellets need to hit to one hit kill.
  13. Zaik

There's no way it's 10, they'll never allow another one shot kill shotgun in the game. Not after what happened last time we had them.
  14. buff as hell irl

What are the upgrade options available? Does it get slugs, and can it fit a 2x?
  15. centurionvi

The TR one uses the exact same model as the carbines. Way to put in some work guys.
    • Up x 1
  16. DJPenguin

yes, I've gotten quite a few 1 shot kills.

my only gripe is the unresponsiveness when going out of ironsights right after firing. i wouldn't mind a slight buff in effective range either, it feels the same as semi and auto shotguns.
  17. DJPenguin

slugs, yes on 2x, extended mag laser sight flashlight
  18. Zaik

Same as any other infantry shotgun
  19. buff as hell irl

Thinking about getting the Phobos now just to have a higher damage sluggin' gun :x
  20. Lakora

Oki so it seems that at 3m it's a ohk unless you got Nanoweave l3 (Dunno about lower since the guy I asked had l3) at 6m+ it's twohk, at 10m+ well yeah don't even bother.