Don't Nerf the Magrider, Buff Prowler and Vanguard.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by chrollo, Jan 26, 2013.

1. chrollo

SOE would have to completely redesign the magrider to balance it with the current NC and TR variants. IMO everyone would be far happier with a buff to the vanguard and the prowler. Just give them the ability to strafe or a lock on missle for the gunner that does really good damage. Magrider isn't hard to hit if you don't have to aim.
  2. Bill Hicks

vanguard gets the dalton

Prowler gets use stealth camo, so it can prowl
    • Up x 2
  3. KAHR-Alpha

Really, they just both require gun stabilization to become proper tanks...
    • Up x 1
  4. chrollo

not bad ideas but i thought the dalton was a tank round i might be wrong though
  5. Vreki

Exactly. I dont want thicker armour or more damage. I just want a weapon that is working with me instead of against me.
    And that goes for the Lightning too.

Dont buff them. Fix them.
  6. Anonynonymous

You'd have to buff infantry AT rockets against Magriders, too. If you're going down this route. Half the time even the lock on missles can't seem to hit Magriders, without the IR smoke.
  7. chrollo

well they should probably have buffed ground lock ons like they did air to air missles
  8. Crywalker

Also fix the terrain so that the magrider's hover ability isn't as major of an advantage. I feel like I'm trying to drive on ice when I ride the lightning. Magrider is more maneuverable than infantry practically due to how ridiculously inconsistent and slippery the terrain is.