Don't hype for the new weapon prices...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by day ofm one, May 19, 2015.

1. day ofm one

Most guns got a price reduction of one (1) entire DC.

Most weapon cert prices went up.
    • Up x 2
  2. XanIves

Hopefully this will dissuade n00bs from the idea that they need to spend all of their certs on new guns to be effective. Maybe they'll now start investing their certs into the relatively cheap medic and engie tools, or any of the infinitly more useful things when compared to new guns.

You are correct though, this is literally inflation in action, aka prices and wages go up at the same time, which basically hurts anyone with savings, since those savings are now worth less.

DBC prices should have gone far down relative to the amount that cert prices spiked. Because as crazy as spending 7 dollars on a fake gun is, it's even crazier to have to spend 10-20 hours grinding to get that same gun, which will in turn need a plethora of attachments in all likelihood.

Edit: Now with 65% more ranting!
    • Up x 2
  3. day ofm one

These changes simply encourage either buying stuff with DGC or getting a XP boost, since cert prices are insane now.

Simple money making...
    • Up x 1
  4. ZDarkShadowsZ

For all those times I thought I'd regret paying real-life money for so many silly pixels, seeing those new cert prices, I feel a lot better. :eek:
    • Up x 1
  5. day ofm one

Well, I just lost any faith I had into DGC and don't even really feel like starting up PlanetSide 2 anymore after this blatant giant money snatch.
    • Up x 1
  6. Iridar51

It's not how that's gonna work. In people's mind, the more expensive it is - the more powerful upgrade it will provide.
    It will also increase the mental gap between new players and veterans.
    "He killed me with X weapon... how much it costs? xtillion certs? What a no-life tryhard... Since I earn 5 certs an hour, I'll never get to his level. This game sucks anyway, I'm leaving" - that's how newbies will think.
    • Up x 6
  7. TyranEndlos

And here I went and let my hopes get all high that them getting bought out would be a benefit. I think we are seeing our new overlords input in the game. I really, really love this game but I have a sinking suspicion that this is only the tip of a cash grab iceberg.
    • Up x 3
  8. day ofm one

It is just painfully obvious that it is exactly that, a blatant money grab.
  9. Kirppu1

Just start farming
  10. xromancex

Yeah , you should not be hyped .

weapons that cost 250 cert , now cost 325 cert .
    weapons that cost 500 cert , now cost 650 cert .
    weapons that cost 1000 cert are the same .

I realy like how the developers say that some prices have been lowered .

I have been here since the beginning . since they removed double xp days from free players ( except national vacation days like christmas of course to make players keep playing ) . I also remember when you removed free certs from free players . Why are you trying to chase out free players ? . bugs , glitches , and weeks of not playing because of game breaking bugs . and now this ....

You know I stopped playing for like 3 months and I come back only to see this . I will look for another game I guess .
    • Up x 4
  11. Skiptrace

They lowered the Daybreak Cash prices of things, and made the prices of Cert stuff slightly higher. 325 Certs for me is something to work for, but with the new 1500 Certs gained over the period of BR 1 - 15, It might be more profitable for people that don't have alot of max rank stuff that costs certs and only certs, to restart from BR 1 and get those free 1500 Certs to get that gun they wanted. Although, it would also mean that if you did the Survey to get XYZ gun, you lose it now. I would like to see them make the Survey weapons be free or super low cert costs (100 would be perfect) (Weapons i'm talking about are the Carnage AR, EM1, AC-X11, Left AI MAX weapon, and the CQC Bolt Action)
  12. xromancex

What are you talking about ? . some of the weapons only lost 1 day break cash from its original price . others like the black hand went from 700 dpc to 799 dpc .

Also can anyone confirm this from other factions please ? . I was playing with my vanu character , and I noticed that sva-88 went from 500 certs to 1000 certs and polaris went from 250 certs to 650 certs .

Can you confirm if you have any weapon in your arsenal which has more than doubled in cert cost now ?
    • Up x 1
  13. WaffleExplosion

Logged on today happy to invest my nearly 500 certs into a Lock-on rocket launcher and maybe a few other dandy things for HEavy Assault.

Then I suddenly realized that I need to farm for another 2 hours to get enough certs just to buy one.
    And this is with a booster on.
    It irritates me beyond words to know that because of one update, I will have to either farm for an extra 2 hours each day, or just give into buying a Booster or just buying the weapons with DBCash.

In other words, pay them or spend another 2-3 hours daily grinding to get what you would usually be able to get in a third of that time period.

[IMG]

In addition, to everyone that is past level 15 (Which is nearly 90% of the players) and has been playing for months (if not years), you will not be able to get those easy 1500 certs. That kind of irritates me.
    • Up x 3
  14. DorianOmega

What be a good change on DB's part to justify this change beyond the initial levels 1-15 cert gain and DBC cash price changes (can anyone post what the DBC price changes are?) would be to bring back passive cert gain for free accounts and possibly (maybe?) increase the maximum certs per day from the original 12 to 16 while also rewarding players who level up beyond level 15 50 certs per level; have this amount ramp down as the player levels up, IE levels 16-50 50 certs per level, levels 51-100 25 certs per level.

This does look like a blatant money grab but do remember this game is FREE. DB creating even more of an incentive for players to spend money is very much expected (in a game with an f2p money making model mind you) but at the sake of players needing to spend even more time in game beyond the pretty ridiculous amount needed to get to end game is very steep so a change like the one suggested in the paragraph above would be highly appropriate.

Someone should post all the certs and DBC price changes here so we can calculate the amount of increased time needed/Money needed to unlock weapons.
  15. TyranEndlos

This reeks of desperation for cash. My guess is this is going to blow up in their face. Then they are going to have to fire people to keep in the positive. Then they are going to introduce even more 'updates' that will introduce more money grabbing means. From here just rinse and repeat until the company and the game are dead. Instead of listening to their player base and making an awesome game they decided to laugh it off and screw themselves over. I am actually very, very sad.
  16. Goretzu

No weapons seem to have been lowered by more than 1 DB/SC some have gone up by quite a bit of DB/SC though and loads have with certs.

So while they might be technically right to say some weapons has their DB/SC cost lowered..... really doing it by 1 seem rather like trying to trick people tbh.
  17. Tracksuitman

I didn't see a single price go down. I think I'm cancelling my sub and moving on to some other games.
  18. Kaindestroi

i think its fine, weapons was to cheap before.
    i think within one year i owned almost every gun in the TR arsenal, i even bought crap weapons like the trac-5 burst just because i had to much certs.
    i hope they get some money out of this that they can put into development and maybe re-hire some more staff.
  19. xromancex

This cent was clearly the only problem that is keeping players from buying with dc . sarcasm
    • Up x 1
  20. pnkdth

Thought this was going to be done to make buying DBG currency more attractive. Instead, prices have gone from 700 to 699. I think DBG need to switch the currency symbol to trollface.jpg because this is some serious next level trolling.
    • Up x 1