Does EMP still remove the HUD?

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Plague Rat, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Plague Rat

So I just accidentally got caught in my own EMP when I noticed something. My HUD was still there, it wasn't removed at all by the blast. Is this something that only happens in friendly fire situations or do my enemies now have their HUD after I've 'naded them?

I can't get in touch with any of my cross faction friends to find out for sure, so if anyone knows or can test it before I can, I'd appreciate it.
  2. AnuErebus

That's odd because I did the same thing last night and my HUD was gone. Are you sure you were within the blast radius?
  3. Plague Rat

Definitely.
    [IMG]

I'll keep using EMPs regardless for the shield strips on impact, but I'd really like to know if this HUD issue is allies only, universal, or if it's just me and I somehow got the most lackluster superpower ever.
  4. Rohxer

I just tested this at the same time I was verifying that darts still work. Two accounts, two machines on the same desk, watching both monitors at once. NC infil threw EMP grenade directly at VS infil, center of blast, VS infil did NOT lose HUD. Did lose shield and cloaking nannite pool was drained. But HUD was intact, and little-to-no loss of visual clarity (same as Plague Rat's screen above).
  5. Plague Rat

Yeah I'm thinking now its a bug that got introduced during the recent hotfix to try and fix crashing issues, and something in the UI code got knocked out of whack. Reported it as a bug in game.
  6. AnuErebus

OK, went back and did it again tonight. Yeah, it's bugged HUD is still fully intact after getting hit by one of these things. Only really useful for getting rid of shields right now.
  7. Aimeryan

How much larger is the EMP blast to that of a Frag blast? Basically, at what range will a frag strip shields (nevermind health) and at what range will an EMP strip shields? Would help me decide on whether I will get EMP grenades.
  8. RoMoronik666

The Emp is rubbish now with the new visual effect.
  9. Plague Rat

10m radius so basically a 20m circle. All within that area take 100% of the grenade's effect. It's pretty nifty when you look at it as halving he effective health of those in that large area.
  10. Aimeryan

Thanks, do you by chance know the radius at which a frag grenade will have the same effect? I know at very close range it is OHK (assuming no flak) - does the damage degrade smoothly or is there an inner blast radius and an outer blast radius at which damage suddenly changes (and if so, what is the radius of each)?

Basically, just trying to work out if there is much difference between the shield stripping ability of either grenade. I know the EMP grenade can strip energy as well (although I have heard strange reports on what it affects and when), while the frag grenade can do more damage if close (even outright kill).

I have a suspicion that flak doesn't affect EMP grenades but does frags, while shields are not as much of the effective health of the target if they have NW5. Hence, frags may be better on NW5 targets but EMPs will be better on flak targets - but this is just a suspicion. Once again though, we have the problem that we can not know which suit slot the enemy has taken before we take action, which leads to pure chance.