Does anyone else feel like the sensitivity changes from time to time?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MrGrampybone, Nov 18, 2014.

1. MrGrampybone

Ok so for a long time now I have gotten the feeling that sometimes when I log in it's like my mouse sensitivity was different from last time I played although the sliders havent changed.
    One day I have to turn the mouse sensitivity up because I feel I can't turn around properly or follow moving targets.
    The next day I have to turn it back down because my aim is all over the place because the mouse moves too fast.
    I really can't explain this feeling I get any better then that but it is very annoying to me.

Has anyone else experienced this or is it just me?
    I am wondering if it might be a mouse software issue or if I am just crazy.
  2. Eternaloptimist

My mouse sensitivity seems pretty constant - constantly too high! someone did post advice on how to adjust it and I wish I could find their post again. On the other hand I could just be inclined to overreact horribly when cornered/surprised. I'll be interested to see if anyone shares your though about possible variations in sensitivity.
  3. Tuco

Yeah, depends on the time of day. If you catch me in the morning don't even look at me sideways I'm not in the mood, but later in the evening you can beat me with a dead fish and I won't care.
    • Up x 3
  4. MrGrampybone

Hilarious.... fine I'll change my post
  5. uhlan

This is absolutely the case and it's become far more pronounced since the Directives patch.

Since my settings are constant, I can only assume it's the game that's changing the values without changing the numbers.

It doesn't feel like lag, just feels that the sensitivities of my mouse change. Sometimes dramatically.
  6. MrGrampybone

Ok so at least one person experienced the same as me.
    I was hoping to get some more replies though as if more people are having this issue it might be something that SOE could look into.
    Soooo.... BAMP!
  7. Calisai

I know I was feeling it while they were messing around with the input lag reduction and other bugs dealing with sensitivity. Haven't noticed a change in the last few weeks though.
  8. Tommyp2006

I certainly thought that I had been feeling this lately as well, glad it's not just me.
  9. Corporate Thug

Sometimes I can have decent frames yet the game just doesn't feel smooth, messing with my aim. Other times, the server and my client are running perfectly and makes everything feel normal again. Usually I notice it by the speed at which other players move/strafe, and can confirm it by simply ADSing and moving my mouse from side to side, even at an empty base/warp gate.
  10. Dieter Perras

idk about mouse sensitivity but my game always goes back to normal graphics when I start it up which is incredibly annoying as I can't play on normal graphics and have to go and reconfigure the settings every time I start up the game.
  11. MrGrampybone

I know what you mean as I had this issue before I got a new cpu but this is not the same as what I am talking about now.
  12. Cz4rMike

I have some friends (great pilots of Cobalt) who told me they felt really weird coming to fly to LIVE after training on PTS. They said that sensitivities were different with same exact numbers. Also some of them said that sensitivities for same numbers would change after some patches.

From my own experience even slight flight sensitivity change is easily felt so I believe them. Luckily enough I never consciously felt any changes, but also I've been playing with sens a lot for some months now so I probably overlooked it. One thing I know - there was a bug with Mouse Acceleration, when it was impossible to turn off.

So I advise you to go into user.cfg (in Planetside 2 folder) and find there two lines that

[Controls]
    MouseSmoothing=0
    [General]
    MouseSmoothing=0

Both should be on 0. Also try enabling if you don't have it:

[General]
    MouseRawInput=1

You should have posted in bugs. Also I bet there is a ton of threads with your issue. Just an advice - launch the game as admin. But please, it's offtopic - so go to some other thread.
  13. Dudeman325420

Someone is adding / removing coins from your mouse to mess with the weight.
  14. Simferion

I have had the same issues since some months ago. It's more evident when flying. Sometimes you literally feel a different sensitivity in 2 different moments, with the same loadout and same settings.
  15. Dualice

Can't say I've noticed it myself.

However...

Tuco, I must ask, where did that sig quote come from? Was it on these forums?
  16. Dieter Perras

I was just posting it because it is a related issue that seems to point to it having a larger cause.
  17. Asageh

My Mouse Sensitivity changes after every log-in, only because I play on .75 in-game sensitivity, and I share a computer with my twin brother (we have separate accounts, get off muh backz.) and he plays on a measley .45 in-game mouse sensitivity, i can never make a complete turn around with such settings.
  18. Duukho

Have you set your Overall Quality to Custom? If you leave it set as low/med/etc. and then change their default settings, it will revert back to default each time you log in. Just like you are describing.

To the OP, I have experienced what you are talking about, however I usually chalk it up to my perception or fluctuations in my hardware performance. I push through it and resist constantly changing my settings. Some days my aim is just 'off' too, usually due to mood, fatigue, etc.
  19. Eternaloptimist

Thank you Cz4rMike - I'll do that
  20. OminousZ

Dude, i wondered this same thing...I'm usually consistent with my aim. For like a week now, I've been having some trouble with my aim to the point where i would have to adjust my sens. settings which i don't like to do. But yeah, you nailed it.