[Suggestion] Dobbler Effect in Valkyrie Rumble Seats (Pitch Shifting)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by -Synapse-, Aug 30, 2014.

1. -Synapse-

Okay, if you've been in a Valkyrie with a few other people recently you'll no doubt have noticed a bug where the doppler effect will make your characters voices really, really high pitched. I just about fell out the side the first time I heard someone go full chipmunk. :D

But it gave me an idea. What if we had a pitch slider for our character's voices? Obviously it wouldn't be a massive range, so as to keep chipmunks and demons from becoming prevalent, but it could be a good way to make everyone not sound like clones. Yeah we got voice packs, but the majority of the players play for free and end up running around all sounding exactly the same, which makes large battles with a lot of voices going around feel kinda silly.

A couple issues could come up, for example NC females would be excessively squeaky if they got any higher-pitched. That specific one could be fixed by setting a new standard pitch somewhere a little further down the range, that way the highest setting would be the current voice. Same goes for that ridiculously manly VS voicepack, any deeper and he'd be inaudible.

Just a thought of the top of my head.
  2. KenDelta

Me and my outfities almost died from spamming voice commands lol.

Sadly they're trying to market voice packs , so no no for pitch shifting... ;<