Do you have a "why did I never use this before" gun?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vertabrae, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Vertabrae

A days ago, I had made a post were I mentioned I almost never used the Lynx. I don't know why, but I was thinking about that when I logged back in a lil while later. So I decided to pull it out and give it a go. I've been plesantly surprised to say the least. I know its supposed to be a CQB carbine with its high rate of fire. But over the past couple of days, been using it after my default weapon on my engie, and been do surprisingly well at all ranges. And I do a LOT of long range supressive fire. IDK what it is, but the recoil pattern and I just seem to click. This definetly moved into first place as my favorite gun.

So what about you? Do you have a weapon that you avoided for a long time? Maybe you looked at the stats and said no thats worse than x, y, and z guns so why use it? Or maybe it didn't feel right in VR or that one time you tried it in game. But then you gave it a real shot and fell in love?

This made me realize that stats dont matter quite as much as I thought. Sometimes its more about how good a weapon feels rather than how good it is on paper.
  2. Tommyp2006

Trac5 burst. Pretty darn good carbine.
  3. Prudentia

Only "Why the **** did i Chose to buy this ****" guns.
    i'm looking at you Zenith and Nerfsystems11Crapgun
    • Up x 3
  4. Sagabyte

TWORK-9

I thought it was going to be bad with the 125 damage tier and would have even worse recoil. I was wrong. It is arguably the best assault rifle in the game.
    • Up x 3
  5. patricio_z

Feel the exact same way about the Cougar, I'm already worry because I will auraxium it too fast
    • Up x 3
  6. Edenwolf

The Rhino, a headshot monster.
    • Up x 3
  7. Hegeteus

C85... I have used it non-stop to auraxium the thing on Vanny --> Harasser and it has actually raised my KDA a lot.
    • Up x 1
  8. Stargazer86

The MSW-R. I always thought 'Why both using this thing? It only has 55 bullets and I have plenty of short range options anyway'. Turns out, it's actually pretty darned good.
    • Up x 5
  9. Epic High Five

The default Gauss Rifle, funnily enough. Easily one of the best guns in the game but when I started playing I was real bad so I blamed the Gauss Rifle and played heavy for 6 months. Came back to the Medic and picked up the Carnage, then after I had auraxiumed almost everything I picked the Gauss Rifle up again and yeesh, that's a fantastic gun and I am dumb.
    • Up x 3
  10. NinjaTurtle

Falcons, those things are damn sexy. They rip through armor stupidly easy and arent to bad against softies if you aim is good
    • Up x 2
  11. Bankrotas

Original rawkitpods :/
    And the game before "launch". I would've had so much more fun at early days then ^^
    • Up x 1
  12. kerzain

Rocket Primary. I had to try it after all the hype. Turns out it's everything promised, and more.
    • Up x 6
  13. Zenanii

Stock nosegun for ESF. For the longest time I'd thought rotary was the only way, and the nosegun balance changes had completely passed over my head.
    • Up x 3
  14. SeanFree

I recently re-rolled my VS alt to make it a little more LA focused and I was using the Solstice. Looking at the stats, I thought it was pretty mediocre.

Pulled it in a biolab, got about 55 kills in an hour and hovered at about 30% accuracy. That's a pretty darn good stat for someone who runs at 20-30 fps lol.

Slapped a forward grip on it and it's even better!
  15. Drumsticks617

The GOD Saw. When I first started I hated it. Couldn't a damn thing with it, so I bought the EM6 (also great) and auraxium'd that. A few months later I decided to try the Saw again and it blew my mind now that I was somewhat experienced with the game and could actually control my recoil effectively.
    • Up x 2
  16. Duban

Ran out of AMC amo in the middle of this killing spree as a Light Assault.
    http://i.imgur.com/Tlwk2m8.jpg

Now I take my crossbow seriously and make good use of it when the situation calls for a stealthier approach than a hail of giant red tracers.
  17. Pikachu

Cyclone and NC1.
    • Up x 2
  18. Megaman3300

A very long time ago, I shelved the TRAC-5 in favor of the Jag, thinking the TRAC was the cause of my bad performance rather than my skill level. Now, I have a permanent TRAC-5 loadout, whereas the Jag only occasionally finds a spot.
  19. Mustarde

KSR-35. I'm kind of on a binge with it lately. I auraxed it Feb2013 and promised I'd never use it again. And I didn't until June2014. Turns out, removing scope sway and buffing recoil actually can make this thing worth using again. Whoa.
    • Up x 1
  20. SeanFree

You know it's a niche weapon when I can't recall being killed by it.