Do you believe in GoD? I do.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by FriendlyPS4, Jun 29, 2016.

1. FriendlyPS4

In PS4 GD-22S is the real GoD of this game, not the "god saw". GD is about the only cheap thrill deal DBG offers NC. You can't beat the price and I don't feel weak with this weapon at all. At range, at CQC it works.

I definitely recommend for any new players to get this early. Then start grinding out your cert class. This gun will make it a lot easier to do that. Happy hunting.
  2. DooDooBreff

how is it in VR 1v1s tho?
    • Up x 2
  3. FriendlyPS4

You want to find out?
  4. The Rogue Wolf

I've been saying for years that the NC starter LMG should be the 22-S. I don't know that it's "god tier"- a properly-used Gauss SAW will beat it out anyday- but it is definitely powerful in the right hands yet forgiving to the newbie, and I'd compare it to the TMG-50 for versatility.
  5. FriendlyPS4

One of the (PS4) conspiracy theories in NC of why the other Factions gang up on NC is because the default weapon of the NC is god awful.
  6. Khallixtus

You can find a conspiracy theory for every faction on every server on everything that they get ganged up on.

But more importantly, yes, there have been A LOT of suggestions that the SAW gets changed for the GD-22 as the default weapon. I have no idea why DBG didn't change that in the recent patch along with all the other weapon changes.

Simply put, it's more versatile, which is good for beginners who can't afford a gun for every situation, and it's insanely easier to use for a beginner.
  7. Pinkpuff

Well, i work for my money and therefore play PC so I can't speak for everyone but the GD-22S is a great gun, best LMG in the game to me.
  8. Lord_Mogul

Besides the point that I only believe in Lord Dakka the God of Ammunition the Gauss SAW is definately not the easiest gun to use.
    My first action when playing NC (after the obvious stuff like medic and engi tool, mines, C4, etc) was actually buying the GD-22S.
    Later I switched to the LA1 Anchor which is similar in most stats but has better CQC capabilities.

The Gauss SAW is clearly an impressive tool in the hands of a trained freedom fighter of the NC, but it clearly needs it's cert investment and practice to master. At that point it is an absolute killing machine on all ranges, being it chain headshots in CQC or sniping on medium-long ranges.

I think the GD-22S would be a great replacement as starter weapon for NC HAs.
    Just look at the desciption and images:
    1st gun: NC6 Gauss SAW | 2nd gun: GD-22S
    [IMG][IMG]
  9. DrakeFang

The GD-22S should be the default NC starter weapon. It is much easier to use, and would be less jarring (both literally and metaphorically) for new players.

That said, the Gauss SAW is by far the more dangerous weapon when one becomes skilled with it. It's a relatively difficult gun to master, but once you get the hang of its quirks the Gauss is very nearly unmatched on the battlefield.

Additionally, I would note that the Anchor, while not quite as versatile as the GD, definitely outclasses it in CQC.
  10. FriendlyPS4

Saw is dangerous in that the user develops bad habits. Of spray and pray. So it is not uncommon to see assisted by Saw in the kill cam, One of the few times I don't fault NC for TKing.

Saw is not a skill based weapon at least not in PS4 imho because everything you learnt you need to unlearn using a GD. Or you will be out bullets, quick!

GD is the skill based weapon in that you actually have to aim and control your bullet count.
  11. DrakeFang

If you're actually trying to use the Gauss like a bullet hose, then I'm not surprised you've been having a hard time with it. Rofl

While it does have a 100 round capacity, everything about the Gauss is designed to discourage the "spray and pray" mentality. If you just spray and pray down range, the only thing you'll hit is the nearest hillside. Controlled bursting is where it's at.

The Gauss has heavy per-shot recoil, and fairly rapid COF (cone of fire) bloom, but it is also perfectly zeroed on its first shot, and the bloom resets extremely quickly. These mechanics, coupled with the high damage model and the right attachments, allow for short accurate burst that can quickly kill individual targets.

By using burst fire (or tap-fire depending on your playstyle) in conjuction with your high kill-per-clip capacity, a couple of Gauss SAWs can very effectively lock down an area and pin down opposing forces. This allows for area of denial tactics only rivaled by the VS' Lasher.

As for building bad habits, I would have to completely disagree. In addition to the points I've already made about actually firing the Gauss, you also have to keep in mind the logistics of the thing. It has a large capacity, yes, but that is offput by a devastatingly long reload time. This forces you to keep an eye on, or at least a general awareness of the number of bullets you have left at any given time, as well as encouraging you to learn good reload timing and positioning. Otherwise, you run a high risk of getting caught with your pants down in the middle of a long reload.

And of course you'll dry out the clip of your fast-firing 50 round LMG if you try to shoot it like you would a slow-firing 100 round LMG- especially when you're using that slow-firing LMG incorrectly as a bullet hose. I should think that's fairly self evident.

If anything, the GD is guilty of the sins you're leveling at the Gauss. High-ROF is more forgiving of inaccurate fire, shorter reload times are more forgiving of not watching your bullet count, and lower per-shot recoil is simply easier to control.

Go watch Wrel's video on handling the Gauss SAW. He goes over some general use and attachment tips that should help your play with the weapon significantly.
  12. FriendlyPS4

It' is the norm for NC to use the Saw as a bullet hose on PS4. Ergo that learnt bad habit.

I can either go by your wall of text or my in game experience of what I see regularly.
  13. DrakeFang

I frankly don't care about how the standard idiot uses it. What I care about is what the weapon incentivizes, and it's potential. The fact of the matter is this-

The Gauss incentivizes smart play by rewarding those who control their fire, watch their clips, and learn the reload cadences.

The Gauss punishes bad habits by penalizing unchecked spray and pray, and losing track of you're bullet count.

That isn't the weapon instilling bad habits, that's people bringing their pre-existing bad habits to a gun designed to discourage just that.

Now you have the information to improve both your arsenal and your play. The only question now is if your willing to better yourself, or simply intend to be lazy and maintain that the GD is better because it's easier. The choice is yours, but if you'd rather pick the latter then at least be honest about it.
  14. DooDooBreff

Oh boy, youve made multiple correct statements... you will soon be challenged to the 1v1, the trial by combat if you will
  15. DrakeFang

He already challenged me to 1v1 him with tanks in VR when I called him out on his last thread. As much as I enjoy the poetic idea of two immortal beings engaged in battle for all eternity, I don't really have the time for it, so I had to decline.

Well that, and the fact that I don't think he knows you can't actually kill players in VR. Lol

Love your signature BTW.
    • Up x 1
  16. Liewec123

you're worshipping the wrong GD! GD-7F is our true lord and savior, sure to smite the sinners wherever you meet them! ;)
  17. NXR1

think its stats are copy pasta of TMG-50 and the flare