[BUG] Do attachments really work?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dragonold103, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Dragonold103

I have been in the VR Training room to see if there are any different for an hour with the forward grip and it seems not to be working.

This also includes other attachments like Compensator and ammo types (soft and High)

So is it just me?
  2. Gundem

There is a small possibility that it may be bugged, but more likely then not you are just not used to the minute differences between a weapon fully kitted and one stock.

It takes some getting accustomed to, but once you know a weapon well enough you will know when it's not right.
    • Up x 2
  3. Erendil

For the foregrip and comp, it also helps to equip higher magnification sights. The change will be more noticeable if you do.

If you just use iron sights / 1x it becomes a lot harder to tell the difference.

With Soft Point Ammo, for most weapons if you shoot at targets between 10-15m away you'll see that the damge increases lets you kill them in 1 less shot. The effects are more subtle at other range tho, because the damage increase normally only makes a noticeable difference against injured targets.

For High Velocity Ammo, most people will only notice a difference when shooting at long range or moving targets, since the velocity increase is so small (5%).
  4. Dragonold103

Ok, well I just wish someone make a video, that shows of an attechment (like foregrip) with 3 or 4 different results. so we can see if it make a differents.
  5. Khallixtus

Attachments do make a difference. The most obvious one is an Adv. Laser. You can see the immediate difference in hipfire accuracy. Forward Grip and Compensator only really make a difference when at longer ranges or using a scope that isn't Iron Sights or 1x Reflex.

If they actually aren't having any effect whatsoever, thats a bug. But yes, the attachments most definitely change the way a gun works in normal play. A more experienced player can immediately tell if something isn't right with their gun. It also helps to have a lot of experience with a gun to be able to feel the difference.
  6. ObiVanuKenobi

They definitely work.
  7. FriendlyPS4

I felt similarly when I was in VR. I would say that yes in game attachments work as they are supposed to. In VR it may not feel that way.

In game when battles have turned into range fights I have switched attachments from laser to grip to keep in the fight. Both do their job.
  8. Dragonold103

9. Scr1nRusher

10. Dragonold103

I just wish there is a up to date video that shows us that it works. I can't do it because I still think it is broken after the 7/7 update.
  11. Iridar51

You shouldn't quote people on things you don't understand. Only Forward Grips on a handful of weapons were affected by that issue, and it has been fixed anyway.

Attachments work perfectly fine, the fact that you can't notice it speaks only about your lack of attention to detail.

Attachments that reduce recoil, reduce it by 15-33%, those are not some crazy huge differences you're supposed to easily detect with a naked eye, considering that recoil is measured in fractions of degrees, while your field of view spans about 50-70 degrees.

12. CaptCran

When you equip the adv laser it visibly shrinks the cross hairs.